Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Unable to get purchase receipt for an upcoming itinerary (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I have a paid upcoming itinerary for which AA seems to be unable to provide a receipt. It's DFW->HKG->SIN round trip, with the HKG-SIN legs on CX.

The itinerary shows "ticketed" on the web site, but there's no price information. I did confirm an SWU for the outbound DFW-HKG flight--I've noticed pricing information often disappears after confirming an upgrade.

I never got a confirmation email for the original purchase or the upgrade. I called the EXP desk twice, and got the ticket number from both before and after the upgrade. But if I enter either ticket in the "request a receipt" page, I get an error. Both agents promised to have a receipt emailed to me, but I have not receive one. (Yes, I have checked my spam folder) Both recognized something was messed up, but said they would have to request someone else to fix it.

Any suggestion on how to get a receipt? My ability to get reimbursed for the ticket purchase may expire soon. I'm also concerned this means something is messed up with my record that could cause problems on the day or travel.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
See this post: Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Should work with a revenue ticket as well.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: LH HON
Unfortunately AA IT is a complete mess everytime there's a codeshare involved. Even with the workaround it will likely run into an error. So far, the only way where I have actually been able to produce a proper receipt (my point of origin is always SIN) is to have a competent agent remove the SWU, re-issue the ticket, produce the receipt and then re-apply the SWU again.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ckx2
Unfortunately AA IT is a complete mess everytime there's a codeshare involved. Even with the workaround it will likely run into an error. So far, the only way where I have actually been able to produce a proper receipt (my point of origin is always SIN) is to have a competent agent remove the SWU, re-issue the ticket, produce the receipt and then re-apply the SWU again.
Isn't there a risk of losing the upgrade when you do this?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't there a risk of losing the upgrade when you do this?
I share that concern.

But as predicted, none of these options worked. AA shows a indeterminate error. The other options show a PNR error. I also tried pulling my booking up on the CX site by ticket number, it it says "no matching RLOC".
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
See this post: Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Should work with a revenue ticket as well.
No, it does not work for me since a few weeks ago, for either award or revenue ticket. Fortunately AA did send emails with new ticket numbers on them.

Originally Posted by bacampbe
I share that concern.

But as predicted, none of these options worked. AA shows a indeterminate error. The other options show a PNR error. I also tried pulling my booking up on the CX site by ticket number, it it says "no matching RLOC".
I got the error about system not available, Try again, every single time I tried.

You can NOT use 001 ticket number on CX site. It only recognizes its own ticket stock. What you need is the CX PNR which you should get from the AAgent at the time you made the reservation.
The CX PNR together with your name would work on CX site. Just pay attention if your name has middle initial, you need to append the middle initial to the first name, else it would not work.
i.e. If your name is John H. Smith. You need to use johnh as first name, and smith as last name. It is not case sensitive, but the middle initial of the passenger is attached to the first name and needed to be that way in order for CX system to "find" your reservation.

OTOH, CX site would not give you the new ticket number either.

For that you might be able to use QR site with the CX PNR, or go to Amadeus site to get that.

This is the Amadeus site in Chinese, given to me a while ago in the aforementioned thread.

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx

The first space is for PNR.
The second space is for passenger name.

It worked for me.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I can call up the CX PNR on the CX site. But it says everything is "locked", and wants a ticket number to unlock it.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can look up most tickets on almost any carrier on the Saudia airlines website. It works surprisingly well.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Oddly, now the AA refunds page works. But it shows the reticketed upgrade, with a zero "ticket cost", rather than the original receipt for the full fare plus taxes etc, which makes it useless for reimbursal. But it's progress :-)
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can call up the CX PNR on the CX site. But it says everything is "locked", and wants a ticket number to unlock it.
That is strange. I have not ever encountered such situation. Granted, CX site is NOT intuitive. I usually only use it to select seats. First I clicked that function, then click the button shown on the right hand bottom and voila, the seat map would show up.

Try the Amadeus site or Check My Trip classic site and see what these sites show.
I dont have the classic Check My Trip URL anymore. Google if you need it.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can look up most tickets on almost any carrier on the Saudia airlines website. It works surprisingly well.
I relied the Saudia site to verify all the changes on UA awards. It was a godsend.

It used to be but it did not work on several AA issued tickets for me since last year.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Oddly, now the AA refunds page works. But it shows the reticketed upgrade, with a zero "ticket cost", rather than the original receipt for the full fare plus taxes etc, which makes it useless for reimbursal. But it's progress :-)
I've been through much of the same frustrating experience.

Check your credit card bill. That elusive ticket number showed up in the detail of my Citibank credit card.

Can you use a detail from your credit card, coupled with the ticket number, to submit for reimbursement?

Good luck, and I mean that sincerely.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

In a pleasant surprise, I got a correct receipt via email today. I guess they've been working the problem behind the scenes, and one of the agents I talked to (I'm guessing the second) made things happen.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
"Generic Error" for a couple of AAs I checked.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jacobguo
"Generic Error" for a couple of AAs I checked.
Yup. The Saudi site stopped working for our AA tickets since last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.