Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Targeted promo] Triple miles when flying four AA flights through Jan 7, 2018

[Targeted promo] Triple miles when flying four AA flights through Jan 7, 2018

Old Sep 29, 17, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
A good data point for this thread is for those of you who were offered the promo could provide your status level. Some have it in the bio but others do not. Thanks.
Originally Posted by camachinist View Post
In my case, both the solicitation and the confirmation of registration came from this address:americanairlines - at -email.aa.com

For clarity, I haven't had any elite status with AA since 2014 and have had one paid flight with them this year, in F, and have another booked in a couple weeks and made the reservation months ago. So, the 'kettle' in my bio is pretty accurate
I got an offer. I was Gold through last year. (And, no, I wasn’t flying a few times a year. I was at least for part of the time a segment-qualifier flying fairly short flights every few weeks out of DFW, so no connections, and on relatively high fares.) This year, I have had only one AA flight, in paid F as well. I do still have the World Elite Citi card.

My offer has no segment requirement. After yesterday’s announcement (about the 738s and 321s), I really can’t be excited about any offers from AA.
Old Sep 29, 17, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by camachinist View Post
In my case, both the solicitation and the confirmation of registration came from this address:americanairlines - at -email.aa.com

For clarity, I haven't had any elite status with AA since 2014 and have had one paid flight with them this year, in F, and have another booked in a couple weeks and made the reservation months ago. So, the 'kettle' in my bio is pretty accurate
Thanks!

Yeah, all I get when I search that email address in my inbox is about 15 "Your Admiral's Club Membership Awaits" over the past few months.
Old Sep 29, 17, 5:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I'm Plat and will make it again this year with no problem. Work has kept me grounded for the past two months, but I'm about to book a lot of fall and winter travel. Maybe AA thought I was some lost soul they wanted to get back. The offer comes at just the right time.
Old Sep 30, 17, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
Did the email come from "American Airlines" or "American Airlines AAdvantage"?

I never get targeted for anything. Boo, hoo.

Don't feel bad - American could care less about those of us who have earned EXP status.

Some giveaways to people who barely fly? sure
Overcrowding the Flagship lounges? sure
Reduce upgrade opportunities? you better believe it

Any kind of bonus or perk to reward loyalty? get over yourself

Now watch all the AA defenders run in to say "don't like it just fly somebody else"
Old Sep 30, 17, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca View Post
Don't feel bad - American could care less about those of us who have earned EXP status.

Some giveaways to people who barely fly? sure

Any kind of bonus or perk to reward loyalty? get over yourself

Now watch all the AA defenders run in to say "don't like it just fly somebody else"
It's extremely naive to think loyalty programs are about rewarding loyalty. Extremely naive.
Old Sep 30, 17, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca View Post
This offer won't do either of those things. It rewards the recipient with extra RDMs. Those do not get anybody into the Flagship Lounge or upgrade anyone.

As I mentioned above, I wouldn't have sent this offer to me. But, hey, I received it and I will make use of it. And you would too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: