Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

J Class Meal Option "Child's" Meals for children 2-5 years old

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I'm making online selection from J class flight MIA-GRU. There is an option for
"Child's" (Meals for children 2-5 years old). Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by tonytifao
I'm making online selection from J class flight MIA-GRU. There is an option for
"Child's" (Meals for children 2-5 years old). Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks!
Last time I did this it was a hamburger. Pretty tasty actually. Made me wish I'd ordered it for myself
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Does anyone have any recent experience with what is offered for the child's menu for a dinner flight to Europe from JFK? The entree options do not sound too appealing for my child. We may instead opt to fill up in the Flagship Lounge. Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
I have found that the Twitter team can be very helpful in this area. DM them and they should be able to tell you what the meals may be right now.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
I have found that the Twitter team can be very helpful in this area. DM them and they should be able to tell you what the meals may be right now.
Is it because it is a standard meal from all stations? My worry is that if the kids dont like the child's meal there will be nothing else for them (fruit, cheese, ice cream, bread, etc) since that wasnt catered. I have two toddlers that are full paying J pax. Do they get starters, side dishes, and dessert, too? Also looking at the infant meal for the babies which would be attached to the parents' PNR if anyone has experience with that one.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it because it is a standard meal from all stations? My worry is that if the kids dont like the child's meal there will be nothing else for them (fruit, cheese, ice cream, bread, etc) since that wasnt catered. I have two toddlers that are full paying J pax. Do they get starters, side dishes, and dessert, too? Also looking at the infant meal for the babies which would be attached to the parents' PNR if anyone has experience with that one.
This is exactly why we never choose the child meal in J.

My kids are not very picky - thank God - but you do have to consider the starter, small plate and dessert completely when choosing.

E.g. my kids love grapes... so they get the fruit & cheese dessert, and then I share some of my ice cream sundae with them.

Parenting is one of the most strategic professions out there.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:33 pm

The infant meals are a few jars of baby food, while the child's meal is usually similar to Spaghetti-Os
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:30 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread - but couldn't find anything more recent. Anyone have any more insight into what the "Child's" meal might feature in transcon J class? Please merge if there's something newer. Have a good eating 5yo and ideally don't want him to scarf down "spaghetti-os" equivalent.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to revive this thread. Can anyone share the meal they received when ordering a child's meal? Thank you!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I know the infant's meal is baby food jars. My only experience with AA child's meals is when I requested one for myself as a child (lol, been a nerd that long) about 30 years ago or so. It was a disgusting hamburger. The UA child meals were AWESOME (I requested those for myself, too, when flying UA as a kid, lol)...they were McDonald's with Happy meal toys and mini UA planes...so cool...sorry I don't have any more current frame of reference though
Old Nov 16, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I know the infant's meal is baby food jars. My only experience with AA child's meals is when I requested one for myself as a child (lol, been a nerd that long) about 30 years ago or so. It was a disgusting hamburger. The UA child meals were AWESOME (I requested those for myself, too, when flying UA as a kid, lol)...they were McDonald's with Happy meal toys and mini UA planes...so cool...sorry I don't have any more current frame of reference though
I just can't imagine it's anything good. We have a 2yo but he has always (well, since 12 months) eaten normal adult food so we just get him the fish or the pasta and bring his spoon and bib, etc. I might chop some things up if he wants me to.

But I would be curious to know what it is, because if it's something "fun" (i.e. with a toy, or fun shaped chicken nuggets, idk) then it could be worth getting just for the novelty.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
But I would be curious to know what it is, because if it's something "fun" (i.e. with a toy, or fun shaped chicken nuggets, idk) then it could be worth getting just for the novelty.
We've flown AA long enough to know that it will be disappointment packaged in a child size.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I’ve ordered the child’s meal for both of my kids for next week. I’ll report back!
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I’ve ordered the child’s meal for both of my kids for next week. I’ll report back!
I had read earlier that it might be a burger. When I ordered it a few months back the main course was a pasta dish with tomato sauce. While my kids didn’t love that, they did like the other things that came on the plate. IIRC there were cheese and crackers, fruit snacks, a nice side of fruit and possible some other kid friendly snacks.

this was on a 321T service in J. Haven’t tried this for domestic J so not sure if it would be the same or different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.