FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Seats to/ex SJU show available in sabre/EF but cannot be sold (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1869220-seats-ex-sju-show-available-sabre-ef-but-cannot-sold.html)

chewy3 Sep 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Seats to/ex SJU show available in sabre/EF but cannot be sold

I'm looking at SJU-MIA tomorrow and there are two AA flights that appear to have seats, but AA doesn't seem able to see this and no TA can sell them. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

1AA 1299 J1 D0 I0 Y7*SJUMIA 7 151P 438P 738 L 0 DCA /E
B0 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7
2AA 9248 J0 D0 I0 Y7*SJUMIA 1200N 246P 772 V 0 XMTW DCA /E
B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7

AAExecPlatFlier Sep 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Sju? I would guesss that anything in and out of sju is extremely fluid

Originally Posted by chewy3 (Post 28867279)
I'm looking at SJU-MIA tomorrow and there are two AA flights that appear to have seats, but AA doesn't seem able to see this and no TA can sell them. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

1AA 1299 J1 D0 I0 Y7*SJUMIA 7 151P 438P 738 L 0 DCA /E
B0 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7
2AA 9248 J0 D0 I0 Y7*SJUMIA 1200N 246P 772 V 0 XMTW DCA /E
B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7

nrr Sep 28, 2017 5:31 am

In the past I've had great success with Google Flights:
I did an itn search and was able (after being "seamlessly" directed to AA) been able to purchase that itn--but when I tried to do it INITIALLY on aa.com, I couldn't.

brandsberg Sep 28, 2017 8:20 am

I am having the same problem trying to book from RIC to SJO , 3 flight changes through MIA. The tickets are showing as being available through Google Flights, but when I follow through to AA, AA does not seem to see them and is trying to double the price. I thought Google Flights is only supposed to show available tickets?

869 Sep 28, 2017 9:07 am

isn't the flight # 9XXX a charter or non-pax ferry?

JDiver Sep 28, 2017 9:26 am

I've got a feeling most passenger flying to and from SJU is restricted at the moment. What did they say at AA when you called?

ErickG Sep 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Good luck finding seats on flights to/from SJU right now, and for the next week or so. And, even if you get a reservation, that flight can get canceled at any time. Flights that are not military/relief flights are very limited at this time. If you are not flying to SJU as part of a relief team, you shouldn't be flying there right now. And if you do, expect to get stuck there for a week or longer. If you are trying to get relatives out of Puerto Rico, the situation at the SJU airport is quite chaotic.

ThreeJulietTango Sep 28, 2017 11:41 pm

9248 is a rescue flight and is not open to the public—even agents can’t book it. 1299 is likely blocked off for people who held reservations on cancelled MIA-SJU flights and are just now being accommodated.

JDiver Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am

Royal Caribbean cruises is sending a ~3,500 passenger ship in to move goods in, people out. You might want to contact them for accommodation, depending on where they'll go next (FLL, I believe) and when the ship is scheduled. Link

But AA is unlikely to normalize flights ex- and to SJU in the very near future.

The evacuations come as people remain stranded inside Puerto Rico’s main airport, which is running on fumes. Only ten flights made it in and out of the San Juan airport on Tuesday, and just 18 are scheduled for Wednesday. Security checks are being done by hand because TSA equipment was damaged in the storm and airlines are having a hard time printing boarding passes.
Air Traffic Control is said to be pretty much down as well. Perhaps the military can provide mobile ATC / RAPCON solutions, but that doesn't seem to have occurred yet (that's something I know a bit about, as our unit was involved with Global delivery and installation of AN/MPN- and TPN- equipment such as MPN-14 and now MPN-25 sets).

wrp96 Sep 29, 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 28873352)
Royal Caribbean cruises is sending a ~3,500 passenger ship in to move goods in, people out. You might want to contact them for accommodation, depending on where they'll go next (FLL, I believe) and when the ship is scheduled. Link

The ship picked up from San Juan yesterday. It is picking up from St. Croix today and St. Thomas tomorrow, before heading to Fort Lauderdale, but you had to be pre-registered in order to get a spot onboard.

A family member is one of the lucky ones getting to board in St. Croix today, along with her dog.

I don't know if Royal Caribbean has scheduled any more rescue cruises, but I would monitor their Facebook page in case they announce anymore rescue sailings.

JDiver Sep 29, 2017 8:44 am

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 28873424)
The ship picked up from San Juan yesterday. It is picking up from St. Croix today and St. Thomas tomorrow, before heading to Fort Lauderdale, but you had to be pre-registered in order to get a spot onboard.

A family member is one of the lucky ones getting to board in St. Croix today, along with her dog.

I don't know if Royal Caribbean has scheduled any more rescue cruises, but I would monitor their Facebook page in case they announce anymore rescue sailings.

Thanks for the update. ^