Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Maybe the guy asked?

Every time I've seen someone ask on DL, the FAs have been fine with it. (Does everyone miss that this is BRANDED MERCHANDISE?!!!). I've also seen D1 PAX just walk off with a blanket still around their shoulders.

Why should Delta stop someone who has just paid Delta a lot of money, from walking away with a low-cost item whose primary design goal is to advertize and brand Delta? Heck, I couldn't really spend more than a few $K more on Delta/year, but if a PAX wants to wake up on a red blanket that says Delta, Delta should be paying them to do it!

Oh wait-- this is a- an-- American Airlines forum, isn't it?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kthomas
Why should Delta stop someone who has just paid Delta a lot of money, from walking away with a low-cost item whose primary design goal is to advertize and brand Delta?
Because it's larceny?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Because it's larceny?
People sure do think in the weirdest of ways over here in AA-land.

As a business owner, I'd think that the more time I can spend encouraging a fan activity that imprints my brand in my customers' brains, and the brains of the people around them, all of whom might purchase more of my product as a result, the better for me.

But hey. I'm in it for the money.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT

As a business owner, I'd think that the more time I can spend encouraging a fan activity that imprints my brand in my customers' brains, and the brains of the people around them, all of whom might purchase more of my product as a result, the better for me.
In an open market with lots of competition (i.e., choice) and no regulation, sure. But that's not how the airline business works, now, is it.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:39 am

If you don't balance the total cost of the giveaway against the actual advertising value (do people use these blankets regularly while surrounded by other people?), you're not going to be in business long.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
What advertising? 90% buy on price and to a much lesser extent schedule. It’s like stealing a hubcap from a NYC bus so that you can claim to advertise for the MTA.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
If you don't balance the total cost of the giveaway against the actual advertising value (do people use these blankets regularly while surrounded by other people?), you're not going to be in business long.
Sure. And how much do you think Delta is paying for one of these babies?

Mind you, I just grabbed a bunch of Delta Adessi service sets with their 25% Black Friday discount... and having these available in the Delta store would be great... but if someone drops them in the guestroom, my guess is that Delta wins.

Would I take it on trips? It would compete with the 25th class reunion blanket!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
What advertising? 90% buy on price and to a much lesser extent schedule. It’s like stealing a hubcap from a NYC bus so that you can claim to advertise for the MTA.
Does that hubcap have a big MTA symbol on the side, and is it emblazoned with what are clearly MTA colors? I think the transit agent should be *just peachy* if people where to start putting said hubcaps on their cars.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: American Exec Plat Hilton Dia, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec E, Delta Gold,
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Let's all agree it's absolutely horrible and despicable to take an AA blanket off the airplane.

But besides that, how many will admit that they actually have AA blanket(s) at home?

We don't need justification. Just a confession. How many AA blankets do you have? If you have three or more, you're ahead of me.
3 or 4 maybe (Blue crappy fleece type)
Every once in a while, my girlfriend forgets to leave the domestic FC blankets on the plane when we leave. They make good Jeep blankets for cool summer nights with no top and doors on.
Also recently used one to cover the airplane seats when we picked up a dog during a Pilots N Paws mission.
kthomas and rollthere like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

So, since I live in Arlington, I should just go up to the factory and grab an Escalade, because I would be advertising the brand?
Remember NIKE sells shirts with its name.
Annalisa12 and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:03 am

Just because it is not nailed down, doesn't make it free!
JonNYC, TWA884, Annalisa12 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
So, since I live in Arlington, I should just go up to the factory and grab an Escalade, because I would be advertising the brand?
Remember NIKE sells shirts with its name.
<removed personal attack>

Radisson, Hilton.... and boy I love those molded blue pens from Le Meridien... every one of these entities, will let me take as much of their branded merchandise as I want.

But the pillow or sheets? They ain't got Delta's name on 'em, so why bother?

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 26, 2018 at 11:44 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by EGSExec

3 or 4 maybe (Blue crappy fleece type)
Every once in a while, my girlfriend forgets to leave the domestic FC blankets on the plane when we leave. They make good Jeep blankets for cool summer nights with no top and doors on.
Also recently used one to cover the airplane seats when we picked up a dog during a Pilots N Paws mission.
how do you forget you sre carrying a blanket?

love how various people justify taking aka stealing
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: American Exec Plat Hilton Dia, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec E, Delta Gold,
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
how do you forget you sre carrying a blanket?

love how various people justify taking aka stealing
Didn’t seem like much justification, but I guess. Thieves we are it seems. I’ll not sleep well tonight with this realization.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.