Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

I had my first Int'l business class trip recently and had a question about the blankets. I know for the ones in coach, no one cares if you take them with you. However, for the nice ones in business they have a tag on them that says to not remove them from the plane. Do they launder these and just keep re-using them then? Do they really care if passengers take them? Just curious.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:46 pm

You're not supposed to steal the ones from coach either... They also have a tag that says to not remove from plane.
moondog, Andriyko, Statman and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:48 pm

Really? You are joking I hope. Know I know why they make us remove the Bose NC headphones before landing and inventory them. Ask yourself if they really care if you take a Bose headset since they give earphones away in economy.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I had my first Int'l business class trip recently and had a question about the blankets. I know for the ones in coach, no one cares if you take them with you. However, for the nice ones in business they have a tag on them that says to not remove them from the plane. Do they launder these and just keep re-using them then? Do they really care if passengers take them? Just curious.
Yes, the Biz Class duvets are laundered and reused.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
"Removing" a duvet from the AA cabin is theft, pure and simple.
deeruck, Statman, TWA884 and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Interesting observation here: earlier this year I was on a MIA -MAD flight that was cancelled because of MX around 2am after hours of waiting for repair or new plane. We were offloaded off of one 777 and in the terminal I noticed 2 or 3 of the flight attendants on the cancelled flight strolling down the concourse with F pillows and blankets. Not sure what they wanted them for or why they took them.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Centurion
Really? You are joking I hope. Know I know why they make us remove the Bose NC headphones before landing and inventory them. Ask yourself if they really care if you take a Bose headset since they give earphones away in economy.
To be fair, I doubt the duvets cost as much as the headphones.

I suppose nothing would really happen if one stole a duvet (because it is stealing), but it's incredibly tacky and the OP can probably buy something similar at Target.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Interesting observation here: earlier this year I was on a MIA -MAD flight that was cancelled because of MX around 2am after hours of waiting for repair or new plane. We were offloaded off of one 777 and in the terminal I noticed 2 or 3 of the flight attendants on the cancelled flight strolling down the concourse with F pillows and blankets. Not sure what they wanted them for or why they took them.
They were probably not on a roster list for an overnight at a convenient hotel so they opted to camp in a lobby
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:44 pm

Asking for a friend, why would anybody take the blankets?
JDiver, deeruck, Statman and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:22 pm

taking used airplane blankets, even with a fancy sounding name like a douvet, it's still a USED blanket.
Ewwww.

Do you take home the used towels from the gym to have at home too? Just kidding of course, but it's the same idea....This is just Gross. Don't do it.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
taking used airplane blankets, even with a fancy sounding name like a douvet, it's still a USED blanket.
Ewwww.

Do you take home the used towels from the gym to have at home too? Just kidding of course, but it's the same idea....This is just Gross. Don't do it.
It's undeniably tacky to steal these items, but taking your statement at face value, I don't see how it's any less gross to use a gym towel/airplane blanket for its intended purpose.
chrisny2 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
News to me that "no one cares" if you take a blanket from coach.
Annalisa12 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
First off, to clear things up, I never said I took the blanket from business. I was just asking a question out of curiosity after seeing the label on the blanket. <redacted>

And secondly, as for the coach blankets, I've been told be FA's that "no one cares" if passengers take the blankets.

As for why someone may take them? What if there was a delay in your flight necessitating you to sleep in the airport over night? There could be other reasons as well. I didn't mean to start a firestorm here, but anyway, @davesam12 provided a clear and concise answer, and I think that is as far as this thread needs to go.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 28, 2017 at 9:44 am Reason: <redacted unsupported metastatement>
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you bring a wrench with you, you can unbolt the seat from the floor and drag that off too.

There are some number of stores in Philadelphia as well as multiple online outlets which sell blankets.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:52 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I got confused when you said the duvets were nice.

AA is always trying to make more money. They oughtta sell logo'd cabin service items online.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.