Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Miles for Opinions & e-rewards: earn miles for completing surveys (USA Res >13)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

From the signup page, this seems to not be targeted.

Eligibility: Who is allowed to be part of our panel?

Membership in our panel is open to residents of USA above the age of 13.

Employees of Research Now are not permitted to claim rewards.
You're invited to join an exciting new way to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles — Miles for Opinions. Simply take surveys, and the miles you're awarded are automatically posted to your AAdvantage® account.

Earning miles just became even easier:
  • Join the new Miles for Opinions panel
  • Share your opinion by taking surveys targeted especially for you
  • Earn AAdvantage® miles for EVERY survey, posted directly to your account
  • It’s never been easier to earn miles for your next trip or purchase.

Plus, earn 250 AAdvantage® bonus miles* when you complete your first survey.

Link to signup page

Link to Terms and Conditions

Link to Privacy Policy

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 7, 2020 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:02 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
This appears to be the old E-Rewards program, repackaged under a different name.

I was in the program, years ago. Basically it offers far too few miles for far too much effort. Fast forward to today: miles are worth less and time is worth more. I think that very few people would realize any real benefit from this program.
Originally Posted by JDiver
From the signup page, this seems to not be targeted.

You're invited to join an exciting new way to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles — Miles for Opinions. Simply take surveys, and the miles you're awarded are automatically posted to your AAdvantage® account.

Earning miles just became even easier:
  • Join the new Miles for Opinions panel
  • Share your opinion by taking surveys targeted especially for you
  • Earn AAdvantage® miles for EVERY survey, posted directly to your account
  • It’s never been easier to earn miles for your next trip or purchase.
Plus, earn 250 AAdvantage® bonus miles* when you complete your first survey.

Link

(If this has been mentioned previously, 1) if it's too old this will be the thread that exists; 2) if that thread is current, we'll merge once FT Search is available again - it is currently completely down.)
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Poster

I think you're probably correct.

I signed up and filled out two surveys (and was determined to be ineligible to respond to three). The surveys were claimed to take 5 and 15 minutes respectively, earning 50 and 60 miles. That also garnered the 250 miles introductory reward. They claim these take 4-6 weeks to hit my account. (Other surveys require 11 to 27 minutes to complete, and offer up to 120 miles for completion.)

This might be useful for someone with a lot of time or in need of some occasional activity to keep a generally dormant account from having accumulated miles expire.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 7, 2020 at 7:52 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
"Miles for Opinions is not currently accepting
new members at this time. "
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

I was invited to do a survey, and was told after a few answers:

Thank you for your participation.

We already have enough responses for this survey. Your account will be credited with 2 AAdvantage® miles as a thank you for your time. The miles will be transferred to your AAdvantage® account in the next 4-6 weeks.
Wow! TWO entire AAdvantage miles! Soon, mainland-Hawai'i in F awards for us!
BCNforever and Tim_AZ like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by JDiver
I was invited to do a survey, and was told after a few answers:

Wow! TWO entire AAdvantage miles! Soon, mainland-Hawai'i in F awards for us!
This is the problem with the "take a survey" sites - 90% of the time, you expend a lot of effort answering 10-12 questions only to be told "sorry, you're not eligible" or "sorry, we already have enough responses."

I can't imagine the ROI is worthwhile for anyone these days.
jacobguo likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
This is the problem with the "take a survey" sites - 90% of the time, you expend a lot of effort answering 10-12 questions only to be told "sorry, you're not eligible" or "sorry, we already have enough responses."

I can't imagine the ROI is worthwhile for anyone these days.
this was my experience as well. filled a bunch and all got the same answers
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
This appears to be the old E-Rewards program, repackaged under a different name.

I was in the program, years ago. Basically it offers far too few miles for far too much effort. Fast forward to today: miles are worth less and time is worth more. I think that very few people would realize any real benefit from this program.
Just FYI, e-Rewards is still alive and well (I've been a member since 2006). Currently, there are 3 AA awards available: $25/500mi, $50/1000mi & $100/2000mi.

I've been redeeming the 2000 mile reward monthly (limit of once per 30 days). Takes about 1/2-1 hour of time. It's been worth it to me - 12 months x 2000mi/month = 24,000 miles/year

I also found that you can change the name & AAdvantage number on the e-Reward account to have redeemed AA e-Rewards deposited into various AAdvantage accounts. I've been spreading the love around amongst my family's AAdvantage accounts.
chrisny2 and KRSW like this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:04 pm

Just spent almost an hour answering questions on a single survey instrument...and got bounced at the end due to not matching demographics! What an incompetent bunch of bozos.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Note that this is a qualifying partner in the AAHOL promotion. So at least for one completed survey, the return on investment could be good.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:48 am

Even if one only receives 2 miles, the surveys are good way for avoiding mileage expiration at no cost.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Sign-up still alive (link directly from AA website). Under same company with e-Rewards. e-Rewards gives more options for redemption while MileforOpinions specifically for AA. Earned me few hundreds after few days, so no complaint.
Research Now Group, Inc...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:26 am

The above link doesn't take new members. My miles are about to expired. Is there any other link or program available to collect couple of miles?

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by myguess21
The above link doesn't take new members. My miles are about to expired. Is there any other link or program available to collect couple of miles?
Looks like you can still enroll through the link on this page: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...onus-miles.jsp
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Looks like you can still enroll through the link on this page: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...onus-miles.jsp
Thanks you! I am able to registered and received 250 bonus miles. Hopefully will show up in my AA account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.