Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is it possible: 1 PNR with 1 awrd+1 paid leg non Oneworld

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:40 am
m44
Original Poster

Programs: USAir

Is it possible to have e.g.:
Single PNR that contains 1 award return ticket on Oneworld and 1 paid ticket on a non-alliance flight to catch the Oneworld flight back?
I need to go USA to Europe roundtrip (any connections without sleep over):
USA-European hub-Europe endpoint - all on OneWorld. There is no direct Oneworld flights to the endpoint.
But the return in one day is not possible because there is no way to get out of the endpoint city on Oneworld flight to catch any connection to USA on Oneworld.
In fact, after being spoiled in Europe access in StarAlliance - the Oneworld really is bad beyond belief. And yes- Air Berlin sucks on all counts, and so does Iberia.
So the only solution is BA or AA. And we all know how LHR works and I cannot wait for Brexit to complete the misery.
The protection of interlining, baggage allowance and interruptions is obviously critical.
Any hope there of how to do it right.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
AA won't combine paid+award non-oneworld flights onto one PNR AFAIK. Having said that, if you post details of where you're actually trying to go, it'll be obviously easier to help.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K
Call in. I seriously doubt it. Award and revenue tix are from different inventories.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by m44
Is it possible to have e.g.:
Single PNR that contains 1 award return ticket on Oneworld and 1 paid ticket on a non-alliance flight to catch the Oneworld flight back?
I need to go USA to Europe roundtrip (any connections without sleep over):
USA-European hub-Europe endpoint - all on OneWorld. There is no direct Oneworld flights to the endpoint.
But the return in one day is not possible because there is no way to get out of the endpoint city on Oneworld flight to catch any connection to USA on Oneworld.
In fact, after being spoiled in Europe access in StarAlliance - the Oneworld really is bad beyond belief. And yes- Air Berlin sucks on all counts, and so does Iberia.
So the only solution is BA or AA. And we all know how LHR works and I cannot wait for Brexit to complete the misery.
The protection of interlining, baggage allowance and interruptions is obviously critical.
No, you won't be able to combine that on a single PNR. Yes, oneworld does stink in Europe. If you give us more details like the actual city you need to fly to you might get some more ideas here.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by UltraSean
Call in. I seriously doubt it. Award and revenue tix are from different inventories.
That has nothing to do with OP's question. AA will combine award+paid flights into one PNR, but only if they're all oneworld.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K
Originally Posted by no1cub17
That has nothing to do with OP's question. AA will combine award+paid flights into one PNR, but only if they're all oneworld.
How can you do it? I tried to add a paid domestic connection to an award CX flight in the past and was told by the exp desk they could only combine saver award with partner award.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by m44
No hope. AA isn't going to add in random airlines and tickets into a PNR and protect you just like if it as a OW partner. If you want all this complicated travel in one PNR, book it without the OW award. If you're going to cut corners and your costs, accept the consequences (you have less protection).
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by UltraSean
How can you do it? I tried to add a paid domestic connection to an award CX flight in the past and was told by the exp desk they could only combine saver award with partner award.
HUCA. The EXP agent was just describing how to book a standard saver award. A knowledgeable agent will know what you're trying to do. Last time I had to book a mixed paid+award ticket on a single PNR I had to call 3 times until I got to an agent who actually knew how to do their job.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Had a similar situation with no award, but 2 legs on OW and one on non OW and had to have separate PNR and ticket. Went through a TA and said could not combine across alliances. We did carry on to minimize the connection and in the end had no issues. Routing was ORD-TXL-VIE-SJJ.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
​​FWIW, in 2014, by calling AA, I booked paid segments on AS (non-codeshare) and an AAdvantage award on CX, all on one AA PNR. So at least then, a non-oneworld partner was okay.

But it sounds like OP is looking at an airline that isn't a partner at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.