Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oopl
As usual zip from AA. Mind sharing the code?
It is all but guaranteed to be targeted. So the code wouldn't do you any good.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:53 pm

I got it too. Credited one BA flight last year and flew one award ticket. Have an upcoming award booked but, that's it.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Received it as well, right as I got off an AA flight... Only credited an AirBerlin flight last year to them, but maintain AS 75K status.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
what a slap in the face to us that actually fly BIS miles to get this status.

FT IT: can you please add a middle finger emoticon ?

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Russia hacked DNC.. Did AA hack United and get emails for 1K?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I received it. One award flight last year. One $104/round trip booked WAS-SFO this year! I'll take the free main cabin extra seats and try to use the 20 500 mile upgrades for the two longer segments.

Can this be used for a status match to say AS?

Last edited by iolairemcfadden; Jan 12, 2018 at 2:14 pm Reason: status match
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:19 pm

Looking at the codes, its:
HV18G for gold
HV18P for Platinum
no idea about anything higher
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
what a slap in the face to us that actually fly BIS miles to get this status.

FT IT: can you please add a middle finger emoticon ?

Thanks
Why is this a slap in the face? If a credit card sent you a bonus offer of more points as you may be a high value customer, is that a slap in the face? What about AA offering CK to a Airpass customer who hasn't flown at all on the grounds that they move tens of thousands of $$ of business to AA?

Unless AA does this to tons of customers (which I doubt) that floods the ranks with more PPRO and PLT, then why does it matter at all?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:47 pm

Resurrecting this thread. My wife just received offer of platinum pro until May 25. We haven't flown on American for about 18 months and even then, she didn't fly AA often, perhaps one or two domestic flights per year. She has never had status with any airline before this. Only recent revenue booking was a big one, but it was with United for 6 of us to fly YEG to LIM and back in business and 5 of the tickets were on my account at United, only one on hers. Here are the terms to keep the status:

To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn 20,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines for travel between the date you register and May 25, 2018.**

I would have close to the same profile as her, with just slightly more AA and United flights thrown in, but no joy for me!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I'm feeling left out. I have a TON of miles with AA - but the only email I've seen is the 'summary' of my miles.

And I'd probably do something as daft as upgrade if offered...
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wrong thread.

Last edited by Antarius; Jan 12, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by invalyd
Received the same offer with Platinum Pro status. Didn't fly a single flight on AA metal last year.
This is really random: I got the Plat Pro offer and I haven't credited anything to my AAdvantage account in at least ten years. It's moribund with a zero balance. I was crediting my AA segments to my AS account (no longer possible) and perhaps AA knows that. Still, weird.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by BearX220
This is really random: I got the Plat Pro offer and I haven't credited anything to my AAdvantage account in at least ten years. It's moribund with a zero balance. I was crediting my AA segments to my AS account (no longer possible) and perhaps AA knows that. Still, weird.
My husband I are both currently MVPG on AS, and we both got the Plat Pro offer. In the last year, we flew approximately five one-way trips on AA, always in paid First or Business, and credited each to AS. For next Tuesday, we already had an AA flight booked (international business). I just called and switched to our Aadvantage numbers for miles accrual.

FYI, both of us had elite status with AA in 2016 (him plat, me gold) and both of us have flown/credited many miles to Advantage over the years, so it’s not just complete newbies getting targeted.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jdang
Looking at the codes, its:
HV18G for gold
HV18P for Platinum
no idea about anything higher
HV18T for plat pro.
not that these codes will do anyone any good as this is clearly 100% targeted.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
I just got one of these -- 10 500-mile upgrades and Gold status through May 25. I have never had status on AA and have not even flown them in the last few years. I'm based in Seattle, so perhaps they are fishing for Alaska fliers who are missing the AA partnership benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.