Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
Makes me feel super appreciative about having Gold and no stickers after spending $10,000 on AA last year.
clbish and Uncle Nonny like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by shutter41
Makes me feel super appreciative about having Gold and no stickers after spending $10,000 on AA last year.
Yes, a slap in the face.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:25 pm

Not to make you guys feel worse, but here is my YTD MQDs.

I’ve spent $124.

hardly loyal...
Old May 17, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by dval44
Not to make you guys feel worse, but here is my YTD MQDs.

I’ve spent $124.

hardly loyal...
How did you pick up half a segment? Did you ride with the mail?
Old May 17, 2018, 8:32 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
My wife just got comped Platinum through 7 Sept 2018 and 17 500mile upgrades. She has one flight on AA, which was this year LOL. It was with me and I am EXP so maybe that played a part.?? I am global service on UA and she got Gold from them for free as a gift; not sure if AA would or does similar.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
How did you pick up half a segment? Did you ride with the mail?
Basic Economy (B fare).
Old May 17, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
My wife just got comped Platinum through 7 Sept 2018 and 17 500mile upgrades. She has one flight on AA, which was this year LOL. It was with me and I am EXP so maybe that played a part.?? I am global service on UA and she got Gold from them for free as a gift; not sure if AA would or does similar.
Did she ever have AA status? The trend seems to be people who once had AA status but have dropped off their map in the last year or two. Just an armchair theory.

I would doubt flying with you made any difference. I certainly didn't fly with any honchos and still managed to snag it.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:37 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by dval44
Did she ever have AA status? The trend seems to be people who once had AA status but have dropped off their map in the last year or two. Just an armchair theory.

I would doubt flying with you made any difference. I certainly didn't fly with any honchos and still managed to snag it.
no status, she literally just has the couple of flights with me.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
..I am global service on UA and she got Gold from them for free as a gift; ...
completely offtopic here but can you please comment - i havent heard of this as gs perk..
Old May 18, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
completely offtopic here but can you please comment - i havent heard of this as gs perk..
Through a connection at the airline. It was a private perk so-to-speak.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
No offer to me. I only (re-)joined AAdvantage last year after 1.6MM on UA plus last 2 years as 75K on Alaska but no willingness to do any kind of status matching when I called to say I was considering AA. Instead, I paid for the Plat challenge (highest they offer) and have been crawling my way up with weekly transcon RTs. Can't even get an early PPro so at least I can even get on the FC list. I only just got enough stickers to get on the list for one of my transcons but probably have no chance in hell of clearing as a Plat. So, I am pumping money into them but they are giving away higher status to those with virtually no spend (which is where I was just a few months ago - with much potential to spend).
Old May 29, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
I got the January offer for platinum. May 25 has come and gone. 6700 EQDs and 42,000 EQMs since I registered for the promotion. The offer said "keep this status through January 2019 by earning 12500 EQMs and 2000 EQDs". But I'm now listed as Gold on the AA website. Anyone had success after meeting the requirements for platinum through January 2019? Any suggestions for the least painful way to contact AA about it?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.