Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Petty AA: Denied earlier flight at LHR on SAAver award, got SSSS

Petty AA: Denied earlier flight at LHR on SAAver award, got SSSS

Reply

Old Sep 7, 17, 10:44 am
  #76  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Posts: 11,899
Originally Posted by rvmsor View Post
I feel like a broken record here.
I wonder how many people here are old enough to get this reference....
Dr. HFH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 11:42 am
  #77  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, Paris
Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Posts: 1,556
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
And, I really don't think the agent in the FL had anything to do with the SSSS. It happens. Last week I got it twice on two different airlines (not AA) even though my global entry is in their system and I normally get precheck.
By the way and correcting many posts, IT WAS NOT the Flagship Lounge agent who, I think did it (I never said that), it was the lone agent at the Flagship First Class CHECK IN counter (yes, that's how they are called now), the one who was far more interested at checking whether her nails had dried. The Flagship Lounge staff was perfectly charming and never touched my BP beyond looking at it to admit me.
Cofyknsult is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 11:50 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: AA Plat
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
I don't begrudge OP asking if he could move to an earlier flight. In the old days, AC Aangels used to be able to do a lot of things like that. That being said, the Galleries First Lounge at LHR is a really great place to hang out in for a couple of hours
I don't think anyone is really saying "how dare he have asked to be changed to an earlier flight!" It's more along the lines of he asked, and when he didn't get want he wanted he threw a temper tantrum. That's more along the lines of what most people are getting at.

To ask is one thing, but to make pointless threats when you don't get what you want is totally unacceptable.
rvmsor likes this.
mikeyp224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 12:40 pm
  #79  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,300
Originally Posted by mikeyp224 View Post
I don't think anyone is really saying "how dare he have asked to be changed to an earlier flight!" It's more along the lines of he asked, and when he didn't get want he wanted he threw a temper tantrum. That's more along the lines of what most people are getting at.

To ask is one thing, but to make pointless threats when you don't get what you want is totally unacceptable.
Good summary.
JonNYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 1:16 pm
  #80  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 87,671
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
C'mon already.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28785509-post41.html

Stick to the facts, please and don't feed into the OP's wacky conspiracy theory.
I already stuck to the facts.

AA employees at LHR are able to do things that increase or decrease the chances of an AA passenger ending up with the SSSS flag on AA boarding passes.

And that post from FlyerBeek isn't news to me. And as someone very familiar with long-haul flying on AA via LHR, I already know the SSSS hits are routine, rather frequent but not completely common for such circumstances as that of the OP.

The OP's claim to try to use EC261/2004 as leverage against a lounge attendant to change a flight and then that "threat" resulting in SSSS sounds wacky, but wacky isn't a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 7, 17 at 1:25 pm
GUWonder is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:57 pm
  #81  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FIND ME ON TWITTER FOR THE LATEST
Posts: 27,300
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I already stuck to the facts.

AA employees at LHR are able to do things that increase or decrease the chances of an AA passenger ending up with the SSSS flag on AA boarding passes.

And that post from FlyerBeek isn't news to me. And as someone very familiar with long-haul flying on AA via LHR, I already know the SSSS hits are routine, rather frequent but not completely common for such circumstances as that of the OP.

The OP's claim to try to use EC261/2004 as leverage against a lounge attendant to change a flight and then that "threat" resulting in SSSS sounds wacky, but wacky isn't a conspiracy theory.
"Alternative facts", got it.
JonNYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 3:33 pm
  #82  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 87,671
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
"Alternative facts", got it.
To refer to facts as "alternative facts" is an example of "alternative facts". Example courtesy of the above.
GUWonder is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 5:14 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Posts: 596
[QUOTE=Cofyknsult;28786396]Aren't we almost all immigrants


Actually no, most people in the world are not immigrants.
BRITINJAPAN3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 5:31 pm
  #84  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 41,248
There is nothing wrong in OP asking AA to change his ticket for free even absent proper inventory.

OP went way, way over the line when he argued to the agent that he ought to be afforded a freebie because he had saved AA money on some prior occasion by not telling others about their due under EC 261/2004 and then threatening the agent with financial harm to AA if she did not do as he asked and contrary to her terms of employment.

Whether that resulted in his "SSSS" or not is irrelevant. It sealed forever any possibility that anybody might help him out under some circumstance because you may be assured that the agent recounted the conversation in the PNR notes.
JonNYC, aktchi and mikeyp224 like this.
Often1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 6:39 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I 35 south bound, finally stopped
Programs: AA EXP, LT Plt, 4mm, Free Agent
Posts: 855
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult View Post
Anybody with an IQ of 85 understands this.
Maybe this will help.

https://www.123test.com/iq-test/
boerne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 10:45 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Posts: 6,092
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
I wonder how many people here are old enough to get this reference [broken record]....
Yes, more people will get the meaning if we say "frozen screen" or similar.
aktchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 17, 11:02 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FNT, but DTW if I can't help it
Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Posts: 753
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post
Yes, more people will get the meaning if we say "frozen screen" or similar.
"like my iPod's stuck on replaaaay"
josmul123 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread