FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Petty AA: Denied earlier flight at LHR on SAAver award, got SSSS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1865451-petty-aa-denied-earlier-flight-lhr-saaver-award-got-ssss.html)

Dr. HFH Sep 7, 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rvmsor (Post 28788185)
I feel like a broken record here.

I wonder how many people here are old enough to get this reference....

Cofyknsult Sep 7, 2017 11:42 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 28788443)
And, I really don't think the agent in the FL had anything to do with the SSSS. It happens. Last week I got it twice on two different airlines (not AA) even though my global entry is in their system and I normally get precheck.

By the way and correcting many posts, IT WAS NOT the Flagship Lounge agent who, I think did it (I never said that), it was the lone agent at the Flagship First Class CHECK IN counter (yes, that's how they are called now), the one who was far more interested at checking whether her nails had dried. The Flagship Lounge staff was perfectly charming and never touched my BP beyond looking at it to admit me.

mikeyp224 Sep 7, 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 28788443)
I don't begrudge OP asking if he could move to an earlier flight. In the old days, AC Aangels used to be able to do a lot of things like that. That being said, the Galleries First Lounge at LHR is a really great place to hang out in for a couple of hours :)

I don't think anyone is really saying "how dare he have asked to be changed to an earlier flight!" It's more along the lines of he asked, and when he didn't get want he wanted he threw a temper tantrum. That's more along the lines of what most people are getting at.

To ask is one thing, but to make pointless threats when you don't get what you want is totally unacceptable.

JonNYC Sep 7, 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyp224 (Post 28788804)
I don't think anyone is really saying "how dare he have asked to be changed to an earlier flight!" It's more along the lines of he asked, and when he didn't get want he wanted he threw a temper tantrum. That's more along the lines of what most people are getting at.

To ask is one thing, but to make pointless threats when you don't get what you want is totally unacceptable.

Good summary.

GUWonder Sep 7, 2017 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28787615)
C'mon already.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28785509-post41.html

Stick to the facts, please and don't feed into the OP's wacky conspiracy theory.

I already stuck to the facts.

AA employees at LHR are able to do things that increase or decrease the chances of an AA passenger ending up with the SSSS flag on AA boarding passes.

And that post from FlyerBeek isn't news to me. And as someone very familiar with long-haul flying on AA via LHR, I already know the SSSS hits are routine, rather frequent but not completely common for such circumstances as that of the OP.

The OP's claim to try to use EC261/2004 as leverage against a lounge attendant to change a flight and then that "threat" resulting in SSSS sounds wacky, but wacky isn't a conspiracy theory.

JonNYC Sep 7, 2017 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 28789184)
I already stuck to the facts.

AA employees at LHR are able to do things that increase or decrease the chances of an AA passenger ending up with the SSSS flag on AA boarding passes.

And that post from FlyerBeek isn't news to me. And as someone very familiar with long-haul flying on AA via LHR, I already know the SSSS hits are routine, rather frequent but not completely common for such circumstances as that of the OP.

The OP's claim to try to use EC261/2004 as leverage against a lounge attendant to change a flight and then that "threat" resulting in SSSS sounds wacky, but wacky isn't a conspiracy theory.

"Alternative facts", got it.

GUWonder Sep 7, 2017 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28789620)
"Alternative facts", got it.

To refer to facts as "alternative facts" is an example of "alternative facts". Example courtesy of the above.

BRITINJAPAN3 Sep 7, 2017 5:14 pm

[QUOTE=Cofyknsult;28786396]Aren't we almost all immigrants

Actually no, most people in the world are not immigrants.

Often1 Sep 7, 2017 5:31 pm

There is nothing wrong in OP asking AA to change his ticket for free even absent proper inventory.

OP went way, way over the line when he argued to the agent that he ought to be afforded a freebie because he had saved AA money on some prior occasion by not telling others about their due under EC 261/2004 and then threatening the agent with financial harm to AA if she did not do as he asked and contrary to her terms of employment.

Whether that resulted in his "SSSS" or not is irrelevant. It sealed forever any possibility that anybody might help him out under some circumstance because you may be assured that the agent recounted the conversation in the PNR notes.

boerne Sep 7, 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult (Post 28785231)
Anybody with an IQ of 85 understands this.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.123test.com/iq-test/

aktchi Sep 7, 2017 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 28788513)
I wonder how many people here are old enough to get this reference [broken record]....

Yes, more people will get the meaning if we say "frozen screen" or similar. :)

josmul123 Sep 7, 2017 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 28790955)
Yes, more people will get the meaning if we say "frozen screen" or similar. :)

"like my iPod's stuck on replaaaay"