Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources for 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Normally you don't get anything for ATC or weather delays so it was generous of them to hand out vouchers. It's certainly worth filing a claim and explaining the circumstances but I wouldn't get your hopes up. AA might reimburse up to the value of the voucher.
AA does give out vouchers if you are diverted (for any reason including ATC or Weather) and they cannot get you to your final before 11:59 pm that day. It's in the Contract of Carriage.

So if they ran out, they surely should get a refund.

"If the delay or cancellation was caused by events within our control or you were diverted to another city, and we don’t board to your final destination before 11:59 p.m. local time, we'll arrange an overnight stay at your connecting airport, if available"

So since it become unavailable since they ran out, I'd press for a refund of expenses incurred.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Week before last, my SFO-PHL flight was diverted to BWI as a storm was passing through the area and PHL area was under a tornado warning. We waited at BWI for about 4 hours before they let us off the plane. By then, upon entering the airport and being told agents would help us, no one was to be found. Customer service desk was empty, we were told to exit secure area and head to ticket counter to see agent. Well, there were no agents. I waited for about 20 mins. before I just left.

I took Uber to a friends place to get a few hours of sleep then took Uber to Amtrak and made my way to PHL. Along the way, I noticed email alert from AA that I was rebooked on a flight that was to depart at 10 AM for PHL. Long story should, that flight didn't actually take off until 4 PM as I kept getting email alerts that the flight was delayed.

Last night, to my complete surprise, I get an email from AA indicating that they were giving 25K miles for miles for my inconveniences and they actually credited me for the flight to PHL from BWI even though I was on it. Sure, I could asked for reimbursement for my expenses, but at this point, why should I even bother. I was safely transported from SFO and survived the rough turbulence we experienced with two attempts to land at PHL. I'm good.. Moving on!!
Old May 26, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Lucky you. I submitted a complaint and had multiple back and forth emails with an AA customer service rep and received nothing but excuses for why I should not be compensated, ultimately never receiving anything.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
ORD was a mess yesterday. My inbound flight was 3 hours late and despite checking status on my ORD-MIA flight as being on time found out in the air it was cancelled. Can't believe how untrained so many agents not just AA also UA are to handle these situations. Flew back to my ORIG as trip in vain and that flight was 3 hours late, 4 gate changes. Hope I get a full refund.
Starbucks closed stores part of a day for training the airlines need to do the same. I walked around ORD could not believe so many clueless agents. How are they hired. Poor people interaction skills. The flight crews are excellent, no problem with them.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
ORD was a mess yesterday. My inbound flight was 3 hours late and despite checking status on my ORD-MIA flight as being on time found out in the air it was cancelled. Can't believe how untrained so many agents not just AA also UA are to handle these situations. Flew back to my ORIG as trip in vain and that flight was 3 hours late, 4 gate changes. Hope I get a full refund.
Starbucks closed stores part of a day for training the airlines need to do the same. I walked around ORD could not believe so many clueless agents. How are they hired. Poor people interaction skills. The flight crews are excellent, no problem with them.
I think it's the airline's issue, not the gate agents. Also, it's the airport operations who determine if a flight is departing and what gate the flight departs from, not the gate agents. It's very easy to point fingers at a group of people but you are pointing fingers are the wrong group.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:14 pm

Refund issue

I found out I will not be getting a refund for my outbound flights. Ticket cost $300.00 CAK-ORD-MIA-EYW. Since I flew the first segment CAK-ORD and back to CAK trip in vain my flight to MIA cancelled used the ticket funds $300 for that. Did get a refund for return MIA-CLE which was on a seperate ticket.
Anyone have a similar experience getting a refund. I did not get to my destination for my trip purpose and not notified of my flight cancelation so I should ger a full refund. Yes I partially flew but no fair to charge me.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:54 pm

I wrote customer service and explained the details and they will issue me a voucher for the CAK-EYW ticket so I was not charged for flying CAK-ORD-CAK. I appreciate that AA.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I'm sorry, but what did you expect the Gate Agents to do? You do realize they are often left in the dark as well waiting for information and doing what they can with what they have right?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Is DFW closed?

I am on BWI-DFW and we are being sent to OKC because we dont have fuel to circle any longer and the captain says DFW is closed right now due to thunderstorms. Ugh, landing in OKC at 10pm, this will be fun, no way I am getting all the way to Seattle tonight!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by stephem
I am on BWI-DFW and we are being sent to OKC because we dont have fuel to circle any longer and the captain says DFW is closed right now due to thunderstorms. Ugh, landing in OKC at 10pm, this will be fun, no way I am getting all the way to Seattle tonight!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
SEA departure (AA896) is currently delayed until 1:00AM. I think you still have a decent shot.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
What a cluster, not great handling by AA and now I had to buy a new ticket onward from OKC to Seattle because AA couldnt confirm a seat for me there today.

We landed in OKC and the crew said we were awaiting instructions. I called the EXP line and they spoke to ops and learned that our crew had timed out. We were told another crew was coming from Tulsa to take us to Dallas. I made a hotel reservation near the OKC airport at that point. About 90 minutes later we finally went to a gate and as I was stepping off I heard the gate agent say the plan was to bus us to Dallas. No thanks, I had bought a plane ticket not a bus ticket (and to boot it was an expensive last minute refundable ticket). I headed out of the airport and to my hotel.

I called the EXP line and the only option this morning was OKC-ORD-SEA at 5:45am. Desperate, i took it. As i was dozing off, TripIt buzzed an alert that my OKC-ORD flight was now delayed and I would miss my connection to SEA. So i knew i wouldnt bother getting on that flight and looked for other options, none on AA but a good one on DL so i bought a refundable ticket on Delta as protection.

Called in nothing, they could get me to Dallass but i would sit there all day. I asked about another carrier and they said nope. Then they suggested a routing through Charlotte and I said how about you process a refund on DFW-SEA and i will find my way home? Sitting on OKC-SLC w Delta and my upgrade even cleared.

BTW, the BWI-(dfw)-OKC flight roller me over 100k eqms for the year, not a ceremonious way to mark requalification!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Groundstop at ORD this morning (21 Jun 2018 - to merge)

What's going on at ORD this morning? Is that groundstop due to weather?

We wait for my aircraft to come into the gate. Our flight was delayed. They stopped all flights.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by N830MH
What's going on at ORD this morning? Is that groundstop due to weather?

We wait for my aircraft to come into the gate. Our flight was delayed. They stopped all flights.
weather. I'm here in Chicago now for work. This morning it poured non stop for hours.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by enviroian
weather. I'm here in Chicago now for work. This morning it poured non stop for hours.
Exactly! We are on the flight back to PHX. Hopefully in a few days they will get better soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.