Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA seats on 32B website different when booking (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG

In advance, thanks for your help. I tried booking business with Milage on AA lax to new york on AA website. It shows the seats are two each row. I assumed they were pods since not 2 + 2 each row. Maybe i'm wrong.

So they show that two seat a row config when first "view seats" button when choosing a flight. But when i go to the next page to book the flight and check seats it shows 2+2 config.

The travel is for march of 2018. Maybe they are changing the planes by then? Anyone know what might be going on?

Again, I appreciate the help from this forum. Very knowledgable peeps here.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat
LAX to JFK is definitely going to be on the A321T. This has 5 rows of first as 1-1, 5 rows of business class as 2-2 and 6 rows each of both MCE and MC at 3-3.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyp224
LAX to JFK is definitely going to be on the A321T. This has 5 rows of first as 1-1, 5 rows of business class as 2-2 and 6 rows each of both MCE and MC at 3-3.
Ah. But AA says its "32B" for that flight. i see on seat guru they have a domestic version of that and an international version.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by shadabing
Ah. But AA says its "32B" for that flight. i see on seat guru they have a domestic version of that and an international version.
mikeyp224 is correct. It's 321T. Seatguru often misses the exact aircraft so you need to navigate a little bit.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
From a booking and flight schedule standpoint what customers see on aa.com is either 32B or 321. 32B indicates and LAA A321 with sharklets, where 321 indicates and LUS 321.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyp224
From a booking and flight schedule standpoint what customers see on aa.com is either 32B or 321. 32B indicates and LAA A321 with sharklets, where 321 indicates and LUS 321.

Yup this is the correct answer.

LAX-JFK is a "Flagship" route so it is the 3-class A321t.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
In advance, thanks for your help. I tried booking business with Milage on AA lax to new york on AA website. It shows the seats are two each row. I assumed they were pods since not 2 + 2 each row. Maybe i'm wrong.
On the A321T, Business is 2+2 and that's what you say you are trying to book. If you want pods, you need to book FIRST and then it will be 1+1.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by formeraa
On the A321T, Business is 2+2 and that's what you say you are trying to book. If you want pods, you need to book FIRST and then it will be 1+1.
Depends what you mean by pods. Biz is lie flat tho.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Here's the seatmap you want: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...ightno=1&date=

Interestingly, I was looking at some fares for a few dates in October and there are several instances where first is cheaper than business on the route. Weird.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiima
Depends what you mean by pods. Biz is lie flat tho.
Ahhh... i see now! i've double checked and you're corrrect. Lie flat in biz. THANK YOU ALL! i'd be flying the red seats near the back of the plane without ya'll.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

So they show that two seat a row config when first "view seats" button when choosing a flight. But when i go to the next page to book the flight and check seats it shows 2+2 config.

The travel is for march of 2018. Maybe they are changing the planes by then? Anyone know what might be going on?

Again, I appreciate the help from this forum. Very knowledgable peeps here.
This is an oft-discussed problem.

AA uses "32B" to define any Airbus A321-200 equipped with Sharklets wingtip devices, including:

A321T - three class transcontinental aircraft used JFK to/from LAX or SFO (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html)

A321S - two class aircraft used in all but where the T model is used and

A321H - basically, a 321S with ETOPS certification used in Hawai'i service.

"321" indicates a legacy US Airways two class 'bus A321 without Sharklets.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
This is an oft-discussed problem.

A321T - three class transcontinental aircraft used JFK to/from LAX or SFO (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html)
The A321T 3 class is also used on other routes like JFK-BOS but maybe not on a regular basis?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
The A321T 3 class is also used on other routes like JFK-BOS but maybe not on a regular basis?
JFK-BOS, SFO-LAX and one or two others are basically done for utilization, and come and go. JFK to/from SFO and LAX are what they're dedicated to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.