Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by superweak
Why would you want to avoid the 332, out of curiosity? Other than the limited upgrade space, I'd choose it over anything other than the 77W and *possibly* high-J 772.
In coach, I would choose the 332 over any other aircraft that AA currently flies TATL.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Oof, a double-connection to Europe, no thanks!
I guess unless you're going from small-city-USA to small-city-Europe, there should be a 1-stop option on some other carrier!
No, not a double connection if you're flying out of the new place that doesn't presently have LHR service.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JonNYC
No, not a double connection if you're flying out of the new place that doesn't presently have LHR service.
Wait, AA's adding a non-hub to LHR route??
When does this become public information?

ETA: Did you mean the new place doesn't presently have LHR service on AA? On AA/BA (i.e., the JV)? Or at all, on any carrier? If it's the latter, I'm super surprised that AA, not BA, would be picking up the route.

Last edited by taxicabnumber; Aug 22, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:41 pm

Someone with better access to seat maps than I could probably confirm this, but as of now, AA's JV partners BA/IB/AY will have slightly more daily seats out of JFK in peak S18 (I picked a random day in July to check) than AA will. About 2730 vs 2800 by my count. Probably the first time this has happened since the announcement of the JV.

Some fuel for the "what's AA doing with JFK" fire: at least 75% of those total TATL JV seats go to the JV hubs LHR, MAD, and HEL with only 6 flights/day to actual spokes. If EI gets added to the JV, over 80% of seats will be to JV hubs and only 5 flights/day to spokes.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
CMH? Or PIT?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adelphos
PHX?
I wish...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Hahaha, Trenton indeed also works. Just saying, it shouldn't come as a big surprise that AA is regressing in NY. In fact, the biggest surprise is that it took this long to be honest. If AA really is going to use PHL as a TATL gateway for people arriving in the US though, the airport needs to go through a serious rehab project.
PHL and AA (among the other carriers) have agreed to $900 million in enhancements and renovations to PHL. Including the EWR style iPad eateries, a new central entrance for AA ticketing, and a new control tower to replace the existing 35 year old tower.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nova08
PHL and AA (among the other carriers) have agreed to $900 million in enhancements and renovations to PHL. Including the EWR style iPad eateries, a new central entrance for AA ticketing, and a new control tower to replace the existing 35 year old tower.
What about a Flounge and an inter-concourse train?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by muishkin
What about a Flounge and an inter-concourse train?
Flagship is coming to PHL in 2018. I wouldn't hold my breath on a train though
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
CMH? Or PIT?
STL? BNA?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
STL? BNA?
BNA has already been announced on BA equipment a couple of weeks ago.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:05 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by ajm883
Although AA flies the A321T to SFO, and they have the best hard and soft product of any airline on the route.
Thanks. I needed a good laugh!!!!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:21 pm

STL? BNA?
My guess would be STL. I wish it were IND, since they are pushing for a LHR flight heavily, but I don't see it happening on AA.

Last edited by IndyHoosier; Aug 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Or BOS? Hard to think of any candidates beyond those two.
American cities with nonstop svc to JFK (which don't already have a nonstop flight to LHR):

LAS x2
SEA x2
SAN x2
BNA x2
MCO x2
CLE
AUS
IND
DCA x2
BWI
BOS x2
CVG
CMH
PIT
ORF
PHX x2
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
American cities with nonstop svc to JFK (which don't already have a nonstop flight to LHR):

LAS x2
SEA x2
SAN x2
BNA x2
MCO x2
CLE
AUS
IND
DCA x2
BWI
BOS x2
CVG
CMH
PIT
ORF
PHX x2
AUS/LAS/SEA/SAN/BNA/BWI/BOS/PHX all have (or will soon have, in BNA's case) LHR service on BA. DCA obviously can't. If AA isn't just picking up an existing BA route, but actually providing service from a city with zero LHR service, that leaves MCO (which has LGW service), CLE, IND, CVG, CMH, PIT, ORF.

All of which would be very strange routes to LHR on AA metal, though maybe a 787 could do IND/CMH/PIT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.