Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can't Edit Passenger Info on Trip - AA.com "Forgets" My Inputs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sigh! title should be "Can't Edit"

Someone else booked a trip for me but I can see it in my aa.com account.

When I look at the trip it says in RED:

"Passenger details are needed to check in"

So I click the link and low and behold my passport information is missing.

So I enter it (its a new passport). Hit Save and AA.com says "Success!"

But then when I go back into the trip it says in RED (again)

"Passenger details are needed to check in". Ground hog day.

Last edited by inpd; Aug 6, 2017 at 7:57 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Check in time is 6 hours

Have others have this happen to them?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Did they refuse to add this info when you called AA and asked them to do it?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
This doesn't necessarily address the IT error you are receiving but you state you are trying to input new passport info. If this is an international flight or one of the segments is international, my experience is you will not be allowed to check-in until you get to the airport and scan your passport.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

I have the same issue when trying to add passport data for an infant on the reservation. It simply will not save the data...even though you temporarily get the Success message. I marked it up to AA wanting to validate infant passport data for international travel.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by inpd
So I enter it (its a new passport).
You just answered your own problem, new passport, needs validation, and it seems you are right around check in time. Once validated, keep the new passport data on your profile for future trips.

Originally Posted by controller1
If this is an international flight or one of the segments is international, my experience is you will not be allowed to check-in until you get to the airport and scan your passport.
Isn't the cut off to add passport data prior to check in? The passport needs to be validated.

Originally Posted by tramm7
I have the same issue when trying to add passport data for an infant on the reservation. It simply will not save the data...even though you temporarily get the Success message. I marked it up to AA wanting to validate infant passport data for international travel.
Correct, passport needs to be validated, once done, then you can save it on the passenger AA FF profile.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:21 pm

Thanks for posting, this has happened to me before and I didn't realize it was due to a new passport since I'd last flown AA. Will keep that in mind next time I renew.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
For me, AA "My Trip" page doesn't retain "day of travel info". I tried to put the info 3/4 times so far. It accepts them, tell me "success", but at the next login is empty again and marked red.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.