Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Cookies and a Craft Beer on AA Mainline Begins Today (1 Aug 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cookies and a Craft Beer on AA Mainline Begins Today (1 Aug 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
They should dump Sam and add Fat Tire. But I do welcome the new addition.
So AA should dump the one good beer they carry to purchase the beer that does indeed taste like a fat tire? Nah.

On a serious note, I hope Bud Light et al get the axe long before Sam.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
So AA should dump the one good beer they carry to purchase the beer that does indeed taste like a fat tire?
^

I've always enjoyed Horizon's craft selections, though obviously those probably wouldn't scale to an operation of AA's size. Decent mass-market beers like Lagunitas or Sierra Nevada (or, yes, Sam Adams) would more than suffice.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by TSparky
I wish I was a Millennial, but I'm 25 years off.

I've been brewing for 25 years and I always have an IPA on tap at home. Voodoo Ranger is decent and I wouldn't turn it down. Although, the VR double IPA is more my style.
Hey fellow home brewer.. 15 years under my belt myself. Been all grain for 12 of those 15 years.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I'm good with this as long as they keep Bud and Heineken.

Coke Zero is going away too, my choice with rum.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I feel like the guy on Sideways "No more Merlots" about IPAs... ugh, I wish that trend would die.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chicago_Guy3344
According to a few blogs, AA is offering Christie Cookies (apparently the same as the Doubletree cookies which are supposedly pretty good) and Voodoo Ranger IPA by New Belgium.
^ Good to hear
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I also can confirm that AA 2499 from ORD-DCA had the new Voodoo Ranger IPA and the chocolate chip cookies. FA informed me that they did not have the new snickerdoodles yet.

The beer was delicious (much more so than my meal in first) and the cookie was definitely better than what was previously served.

FA Dylan was very friendly with all passengers and all-in-all a good flight.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Tried the Voodoo Ranger yesterday. A solid addition and definitely not bad for a mass-produced "craft" beer. I appreciated that the bitterness of the hops were not overwhelming (I generally prefer more restrained IPAs without an excessively high IBU count). According to the can, the ABV was 7%!

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by jfinsocal
I'm good with this as long as they keep Bud and Heineken.

Coke Zero is going away too, my choice with rum.
I wonder if it's just going away to be replaced with the rebranded Coke Zero Sugar? http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...er-zero-sugar/
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I also can confirm that AA 2499 from ORD-DCA had the new Voodoo Ranger IPA and the chocolate chip cookies. FA informed me that they did not have the new snickerdoodles yet.

The beer was delicious (much more so than my meal in first) and the cookie was definitely better than what was previously served.

FA Dylan was very friendly with all passengers and all-in-all a good flight.
Are the new cookies similar to the ones given at Doubletree hotels?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JDiver
Awesome FA Nancy offered various mixed drinks made to order, and toward the end came by with a tray with dry ice "smoking" and pot beer floats in F.
Now that's impressive. I'd assume they'd only be on flights to/from Colorado and Washington.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Cannot comment on the Doubletree cookies, but my understanding is that the new AA cookies are from the same company. I will say they are thicker and have more chocolate chips than the previous version.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Cannot comment on the Doubletree cookies, but my understanding is that the new AA cookies are from the same company. I will say they are thicker and have more chocolate chips than the previous version.
^
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by fly747first
I've tried both of the new ones now (chocolate chip and snickerdoodle). Not at all similar to the Doubletree cookies, but a definite improvement (thicker and seem higher quality) from the most recent warmed-on-board cookie varieties.

Still, I miss the freshly baked on board cookies (especially the Spunkmeyer cookies AA baked in the 2000s).

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
A little more info on the catering based on a few recent flights and inquiring with the FAs...

Two of the cans of Sam Adams Boston Lager were replaced with the New Belgium Voodoo Ranger on each cart, where there were previously four, so there are now two of each. I went through the two in F on a 738 west coast midcon and the FA got another from the rear. She said there were three left, so looks like nobody ordered one back there.

Two doesn't seem like a lot in F of anything, but I'm sure they'll increase it if it proves to be popular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.