Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I finally ended my loyalty to AA and I love it....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I finally ended my loyalty to AA and I love it....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by cmd320
When it comes to pricing of domestic F, I too find DL to be pretty reasonable most of the time. Definitely on average the most reasonable out of AA/DL/UA. Of course, that's highly variable.
DL is generally the lowest on the routes I fly out of BOS, but the connections are a killer; UA is usually the most expensive. I've yet to ditch AA because they have the shuttle, and n/s to MIA and ORD. Unless you're really willing to play the field, if one carrier can provide you with non-stop service for 80% of your flying, that seals the deal for me.

Originally Posted by arollins
This is the kicker for me. Their product is not standard all around. Lately I've been doing a lot of ORD-JFK for work. Started buying B6, free wifi, and personal IFE on every seats, sold.
I agree; arguably AA has the lousiest domestic F service at present. But, similar to the Sun Country discussion upthread, B6 really falls to pieces during IRROPS and many of their cities have one if not two flights a day. They can be a huge risk for missing meetings. Even out of BOS, unless its JFK/LGA or DCA, B6 is just too risky.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
I'm generally a longhaul business traveler, but in the few domestic seg's I've had (read "endured") this year, I feel all the complaints in this thread; service and hard product have trended way down & consistent equipment and flight delays hit everybody no matter where they sit in the cabin.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by leungy18
Oh, come on. I know that AA switched its program to reward those who buy more expensive fare classes, but they're hardly the only airline that's doing so.

AA, perhaps with the exception of BA, is the easiest emerald out of all oneworld programs.

You can fly HKG-JFK round-trip 11 times a year on full-fare Y on CX and still not become emerald. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Domestic flights suck, with the narrow exception of routes like LAX-JFK. What do you expect? The plebs want cheaper and cheaper fares.
CX806/807 E X4 (approximately) = EXP = OWE = DM = CX806/807 E (100 CP per RT) X12 = (approximately) $2X12=$24k EQD.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Aug 10, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
CX806/807 E X4 (approximately) = EXP = OWE = DM = CX806/807 E (100 CP per RT) X12 = (approximately) $2X12=$24k EQD.
Can't earn Emerald status in Cathay's frequent flyer program with 11 Y roundtrips, which was the point of that post.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Can't earn Emerald status in Cathay's frequent flyer program with 11 Y roundtrips, which was the point of that post.
And the point of my post is to use real numbers to second that post. If you remove most parts on the equation and you will get 4 = 12, which makes zero sense but also makes her/his point.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
And the point of my post is to use real numbers to second that post. If you remove most parts on the equation and you will get 4 = 12, which makes zero sense but also makes her/his point.
Gotcha - wasn't able to fully decode.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Gotcha - wasn't able to fully decode.
Great! I was worried about some random AA spy on FT understands the codes and further deva the program
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: gate lice
Huh? 11 roundtrips in full-fare Y will get you 1,100 club points, so no emerald in the CX program.

But if you credit those to AA, you get 178k EQM and 35,500 EQD.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:05 am

I'll probably give up the "status hunt" after this year, too. We fly either F or J out of either our home airport FLL or MIA. We look for both convenience and costs. Usually look at both DL and AA to begin with. Sorry, not flying F from FLL to LGA through CLT when I can fly N/S on DL unless the the price differences are huge.

Flying to Europe which we do every year? Often N/S in F on an airline out of MIA.

Lounge access? We pay for it on an annual basis.

"Status?" IMO it is all about arriving on time and being treated decently using equipment that seems worth the price. You like the other labels and so-called perks? Fine.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Bootman4U
I'll probably give up the "status hunt" after this year, too. We fly either F or J out of either our home airport FLL or MIA. We look for both convenience and costs. Usually look at both DL and AA to begin with. Sorry, not flying F from FLL to LGA through CLT when I can fly N/S on DL unless the the price differences are huge.

Flying to Europe which we do every year? Often N/S in F on an airline out of MIA.

Lounge access? We pay for it on an annual basis.

"Status?" IMO it is all about arriving on time and being treated decently using equipment that seems worth the price. You like the other labels and so-called perks? Fine.
Sounds as though you have developed a plan that will work for you. Consider thyself fortunate that you are able to easily access both MIA and FLL. That is a significant factor in your future flying strategy.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Bootman4U
You like the other labels and so-called perks? Fine.
Glad you found something that works for you, but I'm puzzled why someone who's "happy" with their current situation would resort to passive-aggressive put-downs of people who have different opinions.
JonNYC and leungy18 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.