Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Website Messed Up -- Showing Award Availability Where There Is None

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Lately I have noticed a ton of "phantom" award availability. I am looking a year out and HAJ-ORD for example is available in June on BA almost any day. However, when I try to select a flight, aa.com claims the flight is no longer available. This is happening for AMM-ORD as well on RJ or BA for many dates/flights.

BA, however, does show these flights available as well. I could book them through their website. At least, it appears this way.

So what's going on with aa.com? Is this truly phantom availability or does aa.com simply not allow me to book those flights for whatever reason?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:18 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
AA Website Totally Messed Up -- Showing Award Availability Where There Is None

I'm in the process of trying to book a business class award next summer to Florence. The AA website shows availability of flights on a number of dates, but then, when I click on them, it shows the flight as no longer available. When I had this problem on multiple days, from multiple airports, trying multiple different carriers, and all getting the same result, I finally called the AA Exec. Plat. desk to try to book it over the phone.

They told me that there was no availability on any of the flights where the website was showing them as available. So, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I can't find the availability on aa.com, because it's showing flights that aren't there, and the Exec. Plat desk is no help.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Hoc
I'm in the process of trying to book a business class award next summer to Florence. The AA website shows availability of flights on a number of dates, but then, when I click on them, it shows the flight as no longer available. When I had this problem on multiple days, from multiple airports, trying multiple different carriers, and all getting the same result, I finally called the AA Exec. Plat. desk to try to book it over the phone.

They told me that there was no availability on any of the flights where the website was showing them as available. So, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I can't find the availability on aa.com, because it's showing flights that aren't there, and the Exec. Plat desk is no help.

Any ideas?
Perhaps sign up for a BA EC account, find the flights and call EP desk? Use ExpertFlyer (five day trial)?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:49 pm

Are you searching a destination of FLR only, or also PSA? BA, the main partner for smaller European destinations, mostly just goes to PSA in the Florence area; I don't know if the problem relates to that.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
When you called them did they give you the same bum's rush?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:10 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rove312
Are you searching a destination of FLR only, or also PSA? BA, the main partner for smaller European destinations, mostly just goes to PSA in the Florence area; I don't know if the problem relates to that.
Actually, I looked for FLR, PSA, FCO, VCE and MIL. Figured I could take the train, if necessary.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Perhaps sign up for a BA EC account, find the flights and call EP desk? Use ExpertFlyer (five day trial)?
I did try that, but the EP desk said the flights were not available when I actually gave him dates and flight numbers.

I should say that I've seen flights connecting through London on BA, and I have been able to book those, but I'd really rather avoid paying $1k in taxes each way on a mileage ticket. There is also a bookable flight through MAD on IB, but that is only in economy. The rest of the business class flights have the problem I referred to above. For example, SFO-HEL-MAD-FLR is showing availability on many dates, but when I try to book, it says, "this flight is no longer available" on any of the days that it is showing, and it has been doing that for about five days now.

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 22, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reason: Merged 3 consecutive posts from same member - please use multiquote feature

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.