Wiki Posts
Search

IFE 737s focused on specific markets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
IFE 737s focused on specific markets?

I've had this question for a while now but with enough evidence I feel like now is a good time to ask. As a frequent flyer between Chicago and Vegas and Boston, I am usually stuck on 737s all the time. Looking at history on Flightradar24 for flights from Chicago to vegas, ive noticed that some flights operate consistently using the older 737s with no AVOD every single day (AA25 and AA1247), while ORD-BOS flights are much more consistently saturated with brand new 737s with AVOD (AA1205, etc). Is this on purpose? There has to be some planning behind this as it has been very consistent for the past few months. There are of course other routes where this is happening but these two are the specific ones I fly on and monitor.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you want to make a compelling case about the assignment of AA's 295 738 aircraft you're going to need to study more than two routes.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Agreed that a call on this can't be made without further research, but in my limited observations, I find that 737s with AVOD operate on business-heavy routes, whereas the non-AVOD 737s operate on leisure routes.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I used to find that the 1030am LGA-ORD flight consistently had AVOD for the first part of this year, but that was not the case recently.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
When the first AVOD 737s were being delivered, I definitely noticed a heavy presence on ORD-California, LGA and BOS. At that point I was flying ORD-SNA weekly and nearly all of my flights had AVOD. Lately I can't say that I've paid that much attention, but ORD-LGA does seem to get a disproportionate number of these (completely anecdotical of course).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
If true, this pattern shows that AA recognizes these planes as a competitive advantage, yet is not bothering to roll out any more of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.