Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA ticketed BA flight - equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

AA ticketed BA flight - equipment change

Booked a ticket with AA on AA flight numbers but on BA metal. Was suppose to be the A380 with the nicer upper deck economy but changed to the 747 and 777. I know AA allows cancellation and refund when there is an equipment change but not sure how this works when BA operates the flights. Can I still cancel and get a refund?

Last edited by olouie; Dec 2, 2017 at 9:24 am
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that you are >1 day out, just call AA. It's not a COC matter, but simply an AA customer service gesture so you need AA to handle.

This gets sticky inside of 24 hours because rebooking would then be handled by BA and BA won't do this.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Presuming that you are >1 day out, just call AA. It's not a COC matter, but simply an AA customer service gesture so you need AA to handle.

This gets sticky inside of 24 hours because rebooking would then be handled by BA and BA won't do this.
Thanks, AA changes are covered by the COC but didn't know if AA ticketed by BA flown flights are covered by AA, COC. Will give them a ring and see what they can do. Luckily flights in December.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it's in the contract of carriage.
It is in the international tariff.
If you bought the ticket from AA, then AA's rules govern, at least in advance of day of departure.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
What route was this? I have a flight coming up on a BA A380 and would not be happy about such a swap.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe
What route was this? I have a flight coming up on a BA A380 and would not be happy about such a swap.
SFO-LHR
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I don't think it's in the contract of carriage.
It is in the international tariff.
If you bought the ticket from AA, then AA's rules govern, at least in advance of day of departure.
Thanks - useful to know!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by olouie
Thanks, AA changes are covered by the COC but didn't know if AA ticketed by BA flown flights are covered by AA, COC. Will give them a ring and see what they can do. Luckily flights in December.

Olouie any update to report? I have a BA flight in F (LHR-SFO) that was booked on the 380 now downgraded to 777. Appreciate any feedback!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Poster

AA said I can get a refund, but no other changes permitted. Fare was cheap so I just kept it.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Ditto... We depart a week from today (SFO-LHR) A380. Hoping it remains as such.

Booked in J. Already am not as excited about the trip after reading a couple threads trashing this class of service as well the food when comparing it to AA's 777 Intl. planes.

Guess we'll be shabby chic regardless.. LOL
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
BA J on the A380 is fine, it's just not really any different than the 747 or 777. They missed an opportunity to introduce a more competitive business class when they debuted the 380 a few years back, but you'll be fine.
Zacnlinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.