Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Kudos to this FA (for passenger service skills)

Old Jul 9, 17, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Back in April, my wife and I were taking my parents on a trip to Scotland for their 70th birthday. We were flying on AA from DFW to AUS to get on a BA flight to LHR.
One guy in First, Mr. Im-more-important-than-everyone-else, would not stop talking on his cellphone during taxi. 2 FAs came by and asked him to turn off his cell for takeoff and he completely ignored them. I was thinking they may turn us back to the gate, and I was worried we might miss our overseas flight.
Now we are at the end of the runway, next to depart. Guy still won't stop talking on his phone.
Then a new FA appears, moving with some authority. I am really thinking we are going to be turning back now.
She says to the guy "We have asked you twice. Turn off your phone now, or go to jail when we land."
Beautifully handled. The guy hung up immediately, and none of the rest of us had to miss a flight. A few people even clapped.
Old Jul 9, 17, 7:20 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
+1 Claps for the FA. Seems like the best way to have taken care of situation.
Old Jul 9, 17, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

I didn't actually double post this, but it is showing up twice now. Looks like someone copied it and "enhanced" it.
Old Jul 9, 17, 8:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Travlur View Post
I didn't actually double post this, but it is showing up twice now. Looks like someone copied it and "enhanced" it.
It does appear FT is having some issues this afternoon.

Moderator retitled the thread for better compliance with the Rules, but somehow the system duplicated the thread.

4. Thread Titles (link to this rule)

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
I'll delete that dupe..

/Moderator

It's a good story; thanks for sharing
Old Jul 9, 17, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, no problem. Just didn't want people to think i double posted, which is a no-no I believe.
Old Jul 9, 17, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Kudos to the last flight attendant. I'd also have to add by that point I would have a absolutely said something to that a - hole. I have before and wouldn't have hesitated again.
Old Jul 9, 17, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
^ to the FA!

Originally Posted by Travlur View Post
One guy in First, Mr. Im-more-important-than-everyone-else,
Hey I met that guy on the way to my wedding, dfw-sjc. He had no carry on bag but was thoroughly appalled that we used an entire overhead bin in F for my wife's dress. He made it very clear during boarding that, as a member of the airline's board of directors, he just wouldn't stand for it. He piped down a bit after I told him that's how it was going down and then the FA he flagged over backed me up. Of course, the gentlemen had no professional ties to AA - just a clown.

FT DISCLAIMER - NO carry-on bags were gate checked or otherwise harmed as a result of my overhead bin usage!
Old Jul 10, 17, 12:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 869 View Post
^ to the FA!

Hey I met that guy on the way to my wedding, dfw-sjc. He had no carry on bag but was thoroughly appalled that we used an entire overhead bin in F for my wife's dress. He made it very clear during boarding that, as a member of the airline's board of directors, he just wouldn't stand for it. He piped down a bit after I told him that's how it was going down and then the FA he flagged over backed me up. Of course, the gentlemen had no professional ties to AA - just a clown.

FT DISCLAIMER - NO carry-on bags were gate checked or otherwise harmed as a result of my overhead bin usage!

What a loser.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: