Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seasonal / holiday cancellations / flight reductions 2017 (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seasonal / holiday cancellations / flight reductions 2017 (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

AA DUB - PHL operating year 'round? Nov?

Does the AaFlight from Dublin to Philly operate in `November?

Looking at flights for next year, but can't see flights for this November?

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:43 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EP
AA 723 dub phl shows daily Per EF

maybe there are a few day(s) AA is not operating. They hVe done this on other routes around thanksgiving.

What date r u looking for?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlanA
Does the AaFlight from Dublin to Philly operate in `November?

Looking at flights for next year, but can't see flights for this November?
What days are you looking at? It's operating on all the random November days I just looked at on AA.com. But AA (and all US airlines) have been known to take international flights off the schedule for the days around the Thanksgiving holiday, as demand plummets.

(also: a more specific thread title would be suggested.)
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:36 pm

It's worth noting that between Nov-Mar the flight is typically downgraded from 332 to 752.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:20 am
Original Poster

752..Ouch!
Looking at Saturday after Thanksgiving for 14 days
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by nova08
It's worth noting that between Nov-Mar the flight is typically downgraded from 332 to 752.
It looks like its an A332 most of this winter.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Cltfc
It looks like its an A332 most of this winter.
I guess that might have to do with the LUS reconfigs. Though the schedule is likely not set. There were periods the 332 operated in previous winters such as ~2 weeks around Christmas and New Years but other than that it was typically a LUS 752 Nov-Mar.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlanA
752..Ouch!
Looking at Saturday after Thanksgiving for 14 days
As per my Corpo Booking Tool:

PHP Code:
 25NOV  SAT   PHL/EST     DUB/‡5                                
AA RESPONSE 
** DIRECT CONNECT PARTICIPANT **                    
13AA  722 J7 R7 D7 I7 Y7 B0 PHLDUB 2100 0830‡1 332 DB 0 /E      
          H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 
PHP Code:
 10DEC  SUN   DUB/Z       PHL/EST-5                             
AA RESPONSE 
** DIRECT CONNECT PARTICIPANT **                    
13AA  723 J7 R7 D7 I7 Y7 B0 H7 DUBPHL 1035 1330 332 LS 0 /E     
          K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Not DUB/PHL, but had booked tickets for family of 6 to fly roundtrip to Rome CLT-PHL-FCO over Thanksgiving 2017. 2 paid, 4 award tix, booked in January. One day in May(?), I noticed the return FCO-PHL flight disappeared from my itinerary (but not PHL-CLT). I let it go a bit thinking it was a technical hiccup. Nope. AA eliminated the FCO-PHL flight that day (Friday after Thanksgiving), but never notified me. I had to call them to find out it was canceled. A helpful phone agent helped me rebook, although I had to move my travel dates by two days. I'm now the lucky winner of changing with a family of 6 in PHL the Sunday after Thanksgiving....
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Not DUB/PHL, but had booked tickets for family of 6 to fly roundtrip to Rome CLT-PHL-FCO over Thanksgiving 2017. 2 paid, 4 award tix, booked in January. One day in May(?), I noticed the return FCO-PHL flight disappeared from my itinerary (but not PHL-CLT). I let it go a bit thinking it was a technical hiccup. Nope. AA eliminated the FCO-PHL flight that day (Friday after Thanksgiving), but never notified me. I had to call them to find out it was canceled. A helpful phone agent helped me rebook, although I had to move my travel dates by two days. I'm now the lucky winner of changing with a family of 6 in PHL the Sunday after Thanksgiving....
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Midnight bank at CLT Sunday after Thanksgiving

Looks like AA is running a midnight domestic connecting bank at CLT on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I was searching for a flight on that day and the only option that wasn't full-Y fare is to connect through CLT with the departure after midnight.

Sample routes include ATL, ORD, IAH, BNA, EWR, MCO, PHL, BDL, DCA, CVG, DTW, CHS, RDU, CMH, JAX, IND, PIT, CLE, SDF, MEM, RSW, .... All departing after midnight and arriving in some cases after 2 AM Eastern.

Appears to be limited to CLT as opposed to other hubs.

It would be a painful way to get home but some of these can be had pretty cheaply at the moment. Also should help out with IRROPS.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
Looks like AA is running a midnight domestic connecting bank at CLT on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I was searching for a flight on that day and the only option that wasn't full-Y fare is to connect through CLT with the departure after midnight.

Sample routes include ATL, ORD, IAH, BNA, EWR, MCO, PHL, BDL, DCA, CVG, DTW, CHS, RDU, CMH, JAX, IND, PIT, CLE, SDF, MEM, RSW, .... All departing after midnight and arriving in some cases after 2 AM Eastern.

Appears to be limited to CLT as opposed to other hubs.
AFAIK, PHX is still a hub and we ALWAYS have the late night banks the Wed before and Sun after Thanksgiving as well as peak days around Christmas and on select days of week during the peak summer travel season.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by formeraa
AFAIK, PHX is still a hub and we ALWAYS have the late night banks the Wed before and Sun after Thanksgiving as well as peak days around Christmas and on select days of week during the peak summer travel season.
Departing after midnight into the same time zone is a bit of an oddity. What AA service does PHX have into the same time zone (not distant eastbound redeyes) early the morning of 11/27?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
AA has 474 Thanksgiving weekend CLT-FLL departing 12:15 AM arriving 2:06 AM. It's a good backup as I am flying that route on an earlier flight that Saturday evening.

FWIW, booking that flight directly isn't any cheaper than the other flights.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by formeraa
True, but those flights are "traditional" red-eyes, namely eastbound flights that depart after midnight and travel through several time zones before arriving in the early morning at the destination.

The bank that I'm pointing out is from the eastern time zone into eastern or central, and arriving in the middle of the night, and from the looks of it, it's not just a few extra flights but an actual omnidirectional connecting bank. I counted 20 or more cities served (and I may have missed some), which means potentially on the order of hundreds of connecting pairs that aren't usually possible to do that late at night. To me that is notable or at least unusual and could perhaps help out some folks with their holiday travel plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.