Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just got an email from Citi with 2 free passes to an Admirals Club.

Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

355F1, thank you for being a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® cardmember since 2015! To thank you for your loyalty, please enjoy Admirals Club® access with our compliments.

I've never received anything like this from them but do appreciate it since my AC access with my Citi Prestige card is going the way of the dinosaur July 23!

(Yes, I know the AC's are what they are....but free passes are still nice!)

Oh...and do you think I can bring a guest in or would I have to use both passes to get myself and my gf in?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:39 pm

I will think you get a guest, but don't quote me on it.
Edit: per below, no guests

Last edited by Bttc; Jul 8, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I got one pass from Citi today as well. I'll take it!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Ridiculous. Just what we need when most of the clubs are SRO to begin with. Shame on you Citi.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Admirals Club one day passes generally allow one person, no guests, and "Up to 3 children under 18 (if accompanied by adult day-pass holder."
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I got a payment confirmation email today, that's it . Shame too, I could actually use a pair of passes soon. I wonder if they're tied to annual spend.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Bttc
I will think you get a guest, but don't quote me on it.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Admirals Club one day passes generally allow one person, no guests, and "Up to 3 children under 18 (if accompanied by adult day-pass holder."
Per T&Cs in the e-mail these passes do not allow guests but do allow for up to 3 children under 18:

Each Admirals Club® One-Day Pass ("Pass") is valid for one (1) day for one (1) person and is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable. This Pass may not be bartered or sold other than by American Airlines, and will become void upon such transfer. For the avoidance of doubt, Passes purchased online shall only be considered valid if purchased from an authorized American Airlines website. Lost, stolen or expired Passes will not be replaced.

Passes are not valid for use at Arrivals Lounge or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or at facilities of other airlines with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge access privileges. To access an Admirals Club® lounge, the Pass Holder must present: (i) this Pass, which has been completely filled in by the Pass Holder; (ii) the Pass Holder's valid government-issued I.D.; and (iii) any additional required documentation. Due to security restrictions and lounge location in certain airports, not all lounges may be accessed at the destination airport. The Pass Holder must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and hold a same-day ticket for airline travel that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club ® lounge. Up to three (3) children under eighteen (18) years of age may be admitted for free as guests when accompanied by the adult Pass Holder. All persons must be of valid drinking age, based on applicable law, to consume alcohol.

Use of the Admirals Club® facilities is subject to all rules, terms and conditions set by American Airlines, including, without limitation, all policies set forth in the Admirals Club® Terms and Conditions. American Airlines RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY OR ALL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. BY ACCESSING ANY ADMIRALS CLUB® LOUNGE YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE ADMIRALS CLUB® TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Admirals Club is a trademark of American Airlines , Inc.
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I got a payment confirmation email today, that's it . Shame too, I could actually use a pair of passes soon. I wonder if they're tied to annual spend.
Our Citi AA card spend is only a few thousand $ a year. Similar to the OP, our e-mail said:
thank you for being a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® cardmember since 2011! To thank you for your loyalty, please enjoy Admirals Club® access with our compliments.

Last edited by megalab; Jul 7, 2017 at 9:19 pm Reason: Replying to spend post.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by megalab
Our Citi AA card spend is only a few thousand $ a year. Similar to the OP, our e-mail said:
Thanks for the data point. Like OP, I've had my Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® since 2015, so I figured it was a spend issue. Perhaps not.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Just paid my AF on my card and no email for me. Have a long layover in Mia which has no United Club so I was going to try my luck with Priority Pass but would have preferred AC since we are flying AA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.