Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, BAEC Silver, Ritz GLD, SPG GLD, HH Silver, GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I actually did end up calling, first off, I like how the phone system just recognizes my phone number, I spoke my record locator into it and boom, when the agent picked up she had all my details already, including my AA number (from my profile) so she swapped out the number in no time. 2nd reservation was just as quick. No fuss, no muss.
+1. Did this last week for an AS code share I booked with BAEC number. Switched to AAdvantage and added Known traveler number in a matter of minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just called to change my AA number to Qantas and the agent said she was unable to change it but could add it? How do I know it will credit the right program?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
If you take the time to check in at the airport, you can ensure the correct number appears on the boarding pass.

I know it certainly works with QF check-in agents...

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:38 pm

Changing frequent flyer number on reservation without calling

Hi all,

I've got a few American flights coming up. However, my booking has been pre populated with my AAdvantage frequent flyer number. Is there a way to change an existing booking on the website to another frequent flyer program (in my case BAEC).

I know that I can phone up but I often get an agent who does not know how to do it, and I get thrown between reservations and AAdvantage services a few times... often for 30 minutes! Whenever I am managing a ticketed reservation, I am aware that I can click "Add/Edit passenger details" on my existing booking. However, the frequent flyer number is greyed out so that I cannot change it from that screen. It seems to be read only.

Also, I know that I can change my frequent flyer number prior to making a booking, on the purchase screen. However, my question refers to after booking. I sometimes forget to change it due to making a quick booking and having logged into the American website, so it is prepopulated with my AAdvantage number.

Thanks all for your wisdom.

Simon

Last edited by Simon Schus; Aug 21, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
go to finnair.com to manage reservation, there you can change your FFN. You may need to check back at aa.com for your reservations, typically the FFN shows nothing, so you can add a new FFN again
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
go to finnair.com to manage reservation, there you can change your FFN. You may need to check back at aa.com for your reservations, typically the FFN shows nothing, so you can add a new FFN again
Thanks UAConcorde. I had thought about this option prior to posting but I thought that FinnAir MMB has access to SABRE (at least not for AA) and predominantly works with AMADEUS. Indeed, when I tried... the FinnAir MMB was unable to bring up my booking. Now, I may be incorrect about SABRE/AMADEUS being the reason (and I'm happy to be) but my booking does not show up on FinnAir still.

Twice last night, an agent told me that they had change my frequent flyer program and number on the booking. However, it wasn't showing as updated on the webpage so I'm not too sure I want to spend more time trying on the telephone. I presume that I'll just wait until I get to the airport. I am aware that this was always an option. However, I had planned not to go to the counters/Admirals Club because I wanted to turn up a little later than usual and just go straight through security and to the plane. Nonetheless, I really want the miles credited to my BAEC account so I shall trundle over a little early and see what they can do.

Simon.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Thanks UAConcorde. I had thought about this option prior to posting but I thought that FinnAir MMB has access to SABRE (at least not for AA) and predominantly works with AMADEUS. Indeed, when I tried... the FinnAir MMB was unable to bring up my booking. Now, I may be incorrect about SABRE/AMADEUS being the reason (and I'm happy to be) but my booking does not show up on FinnAir still.
Simon.
Simon
I read on another post this option might not be working anymore? It was suggested to try Royal Jordanian website. I am sorry I don't remember where I read it. I could not get it work anywhere. My main concerned is to remember on my first flight to have it changed.

Good luck.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:09 am

How can I change my frequent flyer no.?

I'm a non AA-OWS member. I have successfully chose the seats in advance with my OWS status. But the AA system won't let me change the frequent flyer number again so that I could not accrue the miles into my another FFP. Is it possible to edit the number twice for the AA system?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
I think you should be able to change from OW FF programme to another using manage my booking on the finnair website. I certainly use this for changes on my BA bookings when I can't make them directly on BA.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:32 pm

I've had success direct messaging AA on Twitter to change them and they do it easily.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by eggshell
I think you should be able to change from OW FF programme to another using manage my booking on the finnair website. I certainly use this for changes on my BA bookings when I can't make them directly on BA.
Thanks for your suggestion.

But the AA record locator doesn't work with the Finnair website neither with the
VirtuallyThere.com nor BA.com
But I finally managed to switch it by calling the AA service hotline and I think it's extremely inconvenient. Since I want to enjoy the OWE benefit from one airline while accumulating the miles into another one.

It might be a bit OT because I'm wondering when I should switch back to my main airline FFP which I would like to accrue the miles in from the AA flights.
Should I do that after the check-in of my last flight to allow the OWE status showing on the boarding pass and ask to staff at the counter to change the FFP no. again?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by davidtai
Thanks for your suggestion.

But the AA record locator doesn't work with the Finnair website neither with the
VirtuallyThere.com nor BA.com
But I finally managed to switch it by calling the AA service hotline and I think it's extremely inconvenient. Since I want to enjoy the OWE benefit from one airline while accumulating the miles into another one.

It might be a bit OT because I'm wondering when I should switch back to my main airline FFP which I would like to accrue the miles in from the AA flights.
Should I do that after the check-in of my last flight to allow the OWE status showing on the boarding pass and ask to staff at the counter to change the FFP no. again?
Can't you just present your regular FFP card showing OWE status when boarding or accessing the lounges?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by danielchee
Can't you just present your regular FFP card showing OWE status when boarding or accessing the lounges?
Not if you want to select a good seat in advance.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
I'm looking at booking a DONE4 ticketed on AA stock where I want to switch from my BA number through to a QF number for some of the middle segments and then back to BA for the latter third of the trip.

Previously when I've booked through QF the change is trivial and QF staff are more than happy to change your frequent flyer number multiple times on a DONE4 so that you can credit different segments to different programs, and you can use the RJ/AY manage my booking codes

However, in my experience, AA is a little less forthcoming with allowing you to change the FQTV part.

If I can get the Amadeus booking code for my AA stock DONE4, could I maybe be able to change it on the AY/RJ sites? Or do I need to have someone like QF take over the booking to do this? Or would AA just allow me to update the frequent flyer number twice part way through the itinerary if I try a few times?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:35 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I have a AA ticket with my BAEC number currently in it. Since I'm doing a status challenge with AA, I should be able to change the FFN to my AA one at the airport, right? I would assume so. I don't want to call in yet as I'm unsure if I will need those flights on my BA or AA FF account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.