Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Not if the alternative is sitting in a packed FL? I suppose my opinion would change if the FFD were full or even half-full, but on the couple occasions that I've camped out for a 4-6 hour layover, I've either been the only one or one of a small handful in there.
I agree with you. Effectively the FFD is the "AA First Class Lounge" for AA Int'l/Transcon F flyers, but not having to offer it to other OWE's or partner airline F pax (aside that CX apparently pays for their F flyers access).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Handover in progress

I am in the lounge right now (Good Friday) and they are out of lots of things. Seems like the menu may change since they the server said there were getting in new supplies on Monday, but until then they would not have everything. The main missing thing was that the only available bread was rye - no french toast, no brioche for the steak, no muffin for the eggs benedict, etc. The guy near me was trying to order a create your own omelette and the server kept coming back to say that they didn't have this or that – it ended up as a bacon and onion omelette.

The server said that they were winding down the supplies from the old hosts in preparation for the new hosts.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I am in the lounge right now (Good Friday) and they are out of lots of things. Seems like the menu may change since they the server said there were getting in new supplies on Monday, but until then they would not have everything. The main missing thing was that the only available bread was rye - no french toast, no brioche for the steak, no muffin for the eggs benedict, etc. The guy near me was trying to order a create your own omelette and the server kept coming back to say that they didn't have this or that – it ended up as a bacon and onion omelette.

The server said that they were winding down the supplies from the old hosts in preparation for the new hosts.
Are you in the JFK lounge? I'm heading there tonight on my way to LHR and was looking forward to a good pre-flight dinner.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I am at FL now the lunch menu is the in the process of rolling out. Bfast offerings seemed normal, but the lunch selections appear to be weird to me...(at least no chicken/beef/salmon as I used to have). Will check out the Bridge at 2 later.

Edit: Never mind, the options are similar. Can't tell any differences from the past.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Apr 19, 2019 at 10:20 am
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Edit: Never mind, the options are similar. Can't tell any differences from the past.
The real question is are any of this options actually in stock and available.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dantheflyingman
Are you in the JFK lounge? I'm heading there tonight on my way to LHR and was looking forward to a good pre-flight dinner.
I was in the JFK lounge this morning - en route to LHR on the daytime flight.

The menu was the old menu, but many parts were missing. The menu next week might be the same, but I guess the parts are being bought by someone else! Foodwise it was very disappointing, but the peace and quiet, compared to the FL outside was really wonderful (there were only two of us in there between 8-9.30am).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I was in the JFK lounge this morning - en route to LHR on the daytime flight.

The menu was the old menu, but many parts were missing. The menu next week might be the same, but I guess the parts are being bought by someone else! Foodwise it was very disappointing, but the peace and quiet, compared to the FL outside was really wonderful (there were only two of us in there between 8-9.30am).
Just finished my dinner in FFD at JFK. All options on the menu were available except for two of the appetizers (eggrolls and cauliflower steak). Service and food was quite good!
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:36 pm

Anyone have a current menu? Is the krug still being served?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:33 am
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Menu as of a week ago. Still serving Krug.

Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
A friend flew Thursday evening... yes to Krug. The menu changed as of Wednesday. I don't have a picture to share but included Lamb, Halibut, Steak, and Chicken. (Chicken is not the 'deconstructed')
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Breakfast Visit, Saturday Morning, June 8

After a hot shower, I walked through an unusually empty Flagship Lounge and into FFD about 9:15am. Surprised to see 3 of the 4 booths occupied along with three other tables in use. Busiest I have ever seen this venue.

When seated, I requested still water and a Bloody Mary. Water arrived in seconds. Blood Mary came after 20 minutes......consisting of bloody mary mix, tabasco pepper sauce and vodka.

One group of 4 at a nearby booth, and another single diner at a table, got up and left within 5 minutes of each other, verbally complaining to the server that meals had not arrived even though orders were taken 30 minutes ago.

Eggs benedict is gone. My cooked-to-order eggs with potatoes, sausage and fresh fruit arrived within 25 minutes of ordering. Most everything fine, although ordering the fruit was a mistake this time.....pineapple and melons severely overripe while strawberries hard as a brick. Blackberries saved the day.

Atmosphere inside the room significantly changed when a young man with a badge around his neck arrived, and he totally took over managing the operation. He moved efficiently and professionally around the room.

You can't be in a hurry when you enter the dining room at JFK....sometimes the service can be slow and disjointed. I walked out to the Flagship Lounge, thinking I'd have a mimosa since I did not drink the Bloody Mary. Lounge deserted. Lots of New York Times newspapers in the rack ^. Champagne on offer, kept cold, with open bottles of champagne kept sealed with Niner Cabernet corks . No mimosa for me.......the OJ dispenser was empty.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jcatman
After a hot shower, I walked through an unusually empty Flagship Lounge and into FFD about 9:15am. Surprised to see 3 of the 4 booths occupied along with three other tables in use. Busiest I have ever seen this venue.

When seated, I requested still water and a Bloody Mary. Water arrived in seconds. Blood Mary came after 20 minutes......consisting of bloody mary mix, tabasco pepper sauce and vodka.

One group of 4 at a nearby booth, and another single diner at a table, got up and left within 5 minutes of each other, verbally complaining to the server that meals had not arrived even though orders were taken 30 minutes ago.

Eggs benedict is gone. My cooked-to-order eggs with potatoes, sausage and fresh fruit arrived within 25 minutes of ordering. Most everything fine, although ordering the fruit was a mistake this time.....pineapple and melons severely overripe while strawberries hard as a brick. Blackberries saved the day.

Atmosphere inside the room significantly changed when a young man with a badge around his neck arrived, and he totally took over managing the operation. He moved efficiently and professionally around the room.

You can't be in a hurry when you enter the dining room at JFK....sometimes the service can be slow and disjointed. I walked out to the Flagship Lounge, thinking I'd have a mimosa since I did not drink the Bloody Mary. Lounge deserted. Lots of New York Times newspapers in the rack ^. Champagne on offer, kept cold, with open bottles of champagne kept sealed with Niner Cabernet corks . No mimosa for me.......the OJ dispenser was empty.
Aren’t there cans of OJ in that mini fridge where the tomato juice and other mixers are along the wall near the food bar?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Aren’t there cans of OJ in that mini fridge where the tomato juice and other mixers are along the wall near the food bar?
I looked. Did not see any. There were two of us performing the search. LOL.

By the way, I love how the large 2-door upright refrigerator is locked on the side where the bottled beer is kept, but you can reach over from the side with the unlocked door and access the merchandise in the locked side.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Ate here yesterday. Service was SLOW and inattentive. Perhaps I had too high of expectations going in. Still, the food I had was EXCELLENT at least. I had the shrimp appetizer, halibut entree, and apple pie a la mode for dessert, all of which I would absolutely recommend. Just don't be in a hurry when going here, lol.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Can CX F on JFK-YVR bring a guest? Right now, one of the two of us will be flying J on the same flight unless the upgrade to F clears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.