Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Hmmm. That's definitely confusing. So there's a special area meant only for FL-eligible pax, inside the regular AC, where no FL-eligible pax are going to go anyway. Makes tons of sense!
Its not actually inside the regular AC. It's a separate space that used to be not part of the AC at all. You access it by going through the doors to right on the way to the AC, but once through those doors, you turn right to the FL Bridge (where there is limited menu service—Flagship Burger, Flatbread, Caesar Salad and a staffed bar—and go left to continue to the regular Admirals Club.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:16 pm

Does anyone know what the official access rules are? I was reading on OneMileAtATime that only AA metal 3-class transcon and international F passengers are given invitations to the Flagship dining. Back in october I was flying AA104 (JFK-LHR) in Economy and was given an invitation when I checked in. Was this done in error? Was I given that because it was a red eye flight?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
Does anyone know what the official access rules are? I was reading on OneMileAtATime that only AA metal 3-class transcon and international F passengers are given invitations to the Flagship dining. Back in october I was flying AA104 (JFK-LHR) in Economy and was given an invitation when I checked in. Was this done in error? Was I given that because it was a red eye flight?
You got lucky. That was definitely a mistake.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Four Months Later, Wow

Had breakfast in JFK Flagship First Dining Saturday morning, and it's hitting its stride. Service was professional and timely...much improved over my visit in July. The breakfast menu has recently been modified a bit. The fruit skewers are gone; a well-presented and delicious fruit plate took its place. Heard another customer raving about his omelette, but I can't resist the eggs benedict and those potatoes.

The overall experience is peaceful, pleasant and upscale. Hope it continues.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
Had breakfast in JFK Flagship First Dining Saturday morning, and it's hitting its stride. Service was professional and timely...much improved over my visit in July. The breakfast menu has recently been modified a bit. The fruit skewers are gone; a well-presented and delicious fruit plate took its place. Heard another customer raving about his omelette, but I can't resist the eggs benedict and those potatoes.

The overall experience is peaceful, pleasant and upscale. Hope it continues.
I was there last night for dinner and what certainly impressed. Kudos to AA on this one.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I was there on Friday was very impressed with the T8 experience from the lady who quickly figured out my bookings and boarding passes at the Flagship checkin to being whisked to front of security, though a separate line/section for F would have been better. The Flagship Dining was superb, service was attentive yet discrete, food (mushroom bruschetta and roast chicken) was divine.

In fact after dinner when I went back into the "main" Flagship lounge for a last drink before my flight, my now-spoilt self suddenly couldn't handle how busy it was (in the space of an hour it had gotten rammed, 80% seats taken, queues snaking from the buffet.....relatively speaking a commotion!) so I immediately did a 180 and went back into the Dining area and asked if I could just have drinks there which of course they obliged, enjoyed another half hour in peace. Love the decor, esp lights above the bar. Looking forward to it again next year in both JFK and by then LAX

as it has been said, I would prefer if the admission/checking etc all happened outside the lounge rather than the door sliding automatically open and people getting refused. I hadn't been given a specific invite card myself (just gave my boarding pass) which seemed to be a breach of protocol, so whilst I was sat they took my pass and went outside to get it sorted, no big deal just best sorted outside to preserved the calm of the space.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nh1980
I was there on Friday was very impressed with the T8 experience from the lady who quickly figured out my bookings and boarding passes at the Flagship checkin to being whisked to front of security, though a separate line/section for F would have been better. The Flagship Dining was superb, service was attentive yet discrete, food (mushroom bruschetta and roast chicken) was divine.

In fact after dinner when I went back into the "main" Flagship lounge for a last drink before my flight, my now-spoilt self suddenly couldn't handle how busy it was (in the space of an hour it had gotten rammed, 80% seats taken, queues snaking from the buffet.....relatively speaking a commotion!) so I immediately did a 180 and went back into the Dining area and asked if I could just have drinks there which of course they obliged, enjoyed another half hour in peace. Love the decor, esp lights above the bar. Looking forward to it again next year in both JFK and by then LAX

as it has been said, I would prefer if the admission/checking etc all happened outside the lounge rather than the door sliding automatically open and people getting refused. I hadn't been given a specific invite card myself (just gave my boarding pass) which seemed to be a breach of protocol, so whilst I was sat they took my pass and went outside to get it sorted, no big deal just best sorted outside to preserved the calm of the space.
Yeah, being led to the front of the security line is a bit embarrassing to me for some reason.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Yeah, being led to the front of the security line is a bit embarrassing to me for some reason.
true I could only imagine the daggers and hisses being sent my way
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:59 am

I have read through the posts and could not find an answer for my question, but sorry if this has been answered before. I have a ticket in F on the transcon A321 from LAX to JFK arriving around 715PM in T8 with AA. Then I have a new flight on BA around 11PM from T7 on the same ticket number. When I arrive T8 in JFK, do I have access to Flagship dining? Do I need to exit the airport and clear security back to T8? Or will we disembark inside the T8 terminal itself, so I can walk directly to Flagship dining (without any security checks)?

I thought of have a couple of hours in Flagship dining and then exiting T8 and go to T7 and check in there for my flight to LHR with BA.

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you can directly access the FL and FFD after arriving JFK from LAX.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yes, you can directly access the FL and FFD after arriving JFK from LAX.
Thank you for the reply And I will also have access right based on my arrival F transcon and departing C ticket on BA (OneWorld) the same night?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I wish they would set aside some space for F passengers who just want to read, relax or have a drink. Ever since they opened up the FFL, it's a zoo.

The dining thing is okay but I'd really like the F lounge back!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Thank you for the reply And I will also have access right based on my arrival F transcon and departing C ticket on BA (OneWorld) the same night?
Lounge yes, dining no.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Lounge yes, dining no.
According to post 104, you can access dining upon arrival from AA F Transcontinental. The onward BA J flight has no bearing though.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I wish they would set aside some space for F passengers who just want to read, relax or have a drink. Ever since they opened up the FFL, it's a zoo.

The dining thing is okay but I'd really like the F lounge back!
Well at JFK there is a solution. What if I told you I had three waitstaff looking after just the wife and I on Friday and we had a whole section of the lounge to ourselves for about 90mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.