Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
There's also a small Flagship Lounge bistro and bar area at JFK concourse B with an entrance from the Admiral's Club that serves the same burger and two or three other dishes--Flagship Lounge Dining if you will. It's open to the main terminal so it can be a bit noisy but otherwise it's pleasant and pretty spacious.
So if you are craving the burger but are only flying biz, that is available to you there. The receptionist was very insistent I try it if I was hungry but I was happy with the fare in the FL (especially the jumbo shrimp shooters on a small bed of salsa--I must have gone through at least 10 of them). To appease her I had a quick look and it was pretty empty--maybe 4-5 people there. Menus at all tables as well as a full bar that looks like the one in the picture in SFO777's post.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Adelphos
How have people balanced Flagship First dining with the on-plane meal?

I have a flight from JFK to LAX in two weeks. I'm booked on a late flight, but I can probably leave anytime throughout the day, so I will likely SDC into an earlier flight. I want to eat in Flagship Dining to try the product and get to LAX by a reasonable hour, so I'm thinking of taking the 3:30 or 5 PM flight. My question is - should I get to JFK at around noon or 1, have lunch, then eat again on the plane? Should I try to not eat on the plane at all?
I chose to eat in the flagship dining, and turned seat into bed promptly after take off until landing.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
There's also a small Flagship Lounge bistro and bar area at JFK concourse B with an entrance from the Admiral's Club that serves the same burger and two or three other dishes--Flagship Lounge Dining if you will. It's open to the main terminal so it can be a bit noisy but otherwise it's pleasant and pretty spacious.
So if you are craving the burger but are only flying biz, that is available to you there. The receptionist was very insistent I try it if I was hungry but I was happy with the fare in the FL (especially the jumbo shrimp shooters on a small bed of salsa--I must have gone through at least 10 of them). To appease her I had a quick look and it was pretty empty--maybe 4-5 people there. Menus at all tables as well as a full bar that looks like the one in the picture in SFO777's post.
Went into the Bistro yesterday, just as a break (our 4 hour layover was extended to 6 hours...). Had the burger just before we got on the plane. Best burger I've had in a long time, I was sorry I ate so much food from the flagship buffet, I should have just headed over there. Skipped dinner on the plane.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by charmed
Went into the Bistro yesterday, just as a break (our 4 hour layover was extended to 6 hours...). Had the burger just before we got on the plane. Best burger I've had in a long time, I was sorry I ate so much food from the flagship buffet, I should have just headed over there. Skipped dinner on the plane.
Is this bistro also called the bridge? I had burger (over cooked, thin,and not much flavor); Caesar(way too much dressing but greens were high quality ) abd flatbead )supposed to be hot? Undercooked and cold) last Sunday at 7:45 pm. Lousy meal , hard to believe we are talking the same place.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
So if you are craving the burger but are only flying biz, that is available to you there.
Just to confirm, if I'm flying intl. business and I want the burger, I access the Bistro via the Admiral's Club, but I can't get the burger in the Flagship Lounge itself?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
Just to confirm, if I'm flying intl. business and I want the burger, I access the Bistro via the Admiral's Club, but I can't get the burger in the Flagship Lounge itself?
Yes.
When you get to the front desk, the entrance to the Admiral's Club is to the right and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge (and the buffet and the Flagship First dining room) is to he left. When you go through the doors from the reception area to the Admiral's Club, the entrance to the Flagship Bistro and bar is immediately to the right. I supposed you could order the burger and then carry it back to the main Flagship lounge but I didn't see anyone do this. Since the Bistro area has a bar, you can get what you want to drink and then enjoy the burger and then go back to the lounge for anything else to eat.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Yes.
When you get to the front desk, the entrance to the Admiral's Club is to the right and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge (and the buffet and the Flagship First dining room) is to he left. When you go through the doors from the reception area to the Admiral's Club, the entrance to the Flagship Bistro and bar is immediately to the right. I supposed you could order the burger and then carry it back to the main Flagship lounge but I didn't see anyone do this. Since the Bistro area has a bar, you can get what you want to drink and then enjoy the burger and then go back to the lounge for anything else to eat.
Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait - is the burger in that Bistro free?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wait - is the burger in that Bistro free?
Yes, as are the chicken caesar salad and the mushroom flatbread. Three items off a made-to-order menu.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes, as are the chicken caesar salad and the mushroom flatbread. Three items off a made-to-order menu.
For regular AC members?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
For regular AC members?
Nope, only those with access to the FL.

That said, when I was there last Friday, I did not notice anyone policing the "entrance" to the Bridge area, which is just inside the AC entrance. I walked from the main FL to the Bridge area and back without being stopped by anyone.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:23 am

Am I correct in understanding that flying CX F on JFK-YVR won't give me access to Flagship Dining because flying to Canada isn't considered an international flight? Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Am I correct in understanding that flying CX F on JFK-YVR won't give me access to Flagship Dining because flying to Canada isn't considered an international flight? Thanks!
It is up to CX. Canada is the AA rule.

Flying to HKG on CX First does get FD. I actually think you have a good chance. Others have reported getting FL access flying CX business/coach to YVR. So you might get it flying First. Also, I would think those flying CX F JFK-YVR-HKG would get it, like those flying CX F JFK-HKG, so it would get complicated to separate all those folks out.

The good news, you will not need to ask. Simply present your BP to AC agent. If you have access she/he will walk you to FD.

Please report back.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I would definitely try. I flew YVR-JFK in CX F a few months ago and my inbound CX F boarding pass was apparently enough to get me into the FL before my separately ticketed JFK-YUL flight, although this was prior to the FFD opening. I don't recall AAngel doing much checking on the details of my CX flight beyond the BP.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:28 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
When I visited the FL Dining, I asked specifically if YVR F was okay. The answer was yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.