Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Some thoughts:

- Very much agree with SFO777, it looks like a home run. I also know that he is quite discerning, so I appreciate these reviews and know what to expect.
- The Flagship Lounge is a mob scene with the new access rules. Um, does this surprise anyone? Does anyone really think AA carefully did the math here?
- As I had suspected, Dining indeed opened as a soft opening a few weeks ago. Art has now appeared on the walls by the booth seating. I'm also waiting for them to do something with the menus. I anticipate that they'll offer a much nicer menu presentation, but may indeed retain the clipboard concept as it does look pretty cool.

Last edited by GotCalcio4; Jun 20, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Granted access to Flagship Dining last night at JFK on Aairpass business class ticket to LHR as CK. Had the burger which was excellent.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:52 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Did you need to ask/beg? Or was it just offered?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:58 am

I believe we have 1 report of CX First being granted FD at the FL.

Anyone else? Any specific rule or was it a one-time thing?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:02 pm

Just to be clear. Im traveling on a AA award ticket with travel in FC on Etihad from JFK. I would get access to the lounge but not the dining?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by omaralt
Just to be clear. Im traveling on a AA award ticket with travel in FC on Etihad from JFK. I would get access to the lounge but not the dining?
No access flying EY.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
EY don't even fly from the same terminal as AA at JFK!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
EY don't even fly from the same terminal as AA at JFK!
I know. But I land at terminal 8 from a connecting AA flight so was planning on checking it out. Oh well
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know. But I land at terminal 8 from a connecting AA flight so was planning on checking it out. Oh well
If EY was a OneWorld member, then yes.

But I wonder if you'd at least get access to an Admiral's Club, both at your originating point and JFK, as it's an international business class ticket with an AA partner. Not sure offhand how that's covered by AC access rules.

ETA: The access rule seems to be "Includes customers traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline" so I guess it's no for the AC as well, only whatever lounge EY uses at JFK.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
If EY was a OneWorld member, then yes. But they're not.
yes, i keep forgetting that EY is not a one world partner; simply an AA partner. no big deal; i've heard the EY lounge at JFK is pretty nice. thanks for the clarification
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I attended on June 30. Basically same experience as outlined above. I had the smoked duck and the flagship burger, with the recommended cab-sav pairing. I was connecting to a CX flight in SFO and in a first for me, the AA experience on the ground was much better than CX. Well done AA!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:19 pm

Whoa! Outstanding

I have no problem being critical of any airline when they deserve it. And I am no AA aapologist. But the title of this thread is 100% spot on.

If you are flying CX First, you have access. No questions from the agent. She walked me from FL check-in to the restaurant.

Waiter knew his stuff.

I went with Ceasar Salad, Salmon, and Chocolate trio. (I am not a fish person.) Salmon was great! Gin Lemonade a home run. (I had two )

100% competitive with CX/SQ/LH restaurant experiences.

Well done AA. Well done. ^^^^^^
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I was in here last week for breakfast just before a transcon in F. Had the eggs benedict and it was great.

My travel partner and I were the only ones in the dining room and the service was excellent. We both very much liked the finish and decor and felt it was well done.

Comparing the AA Flagship offerings with what BA offers from T7, I would now argue that AA has the upper hand...especially if you're travelling in J. Will be interesting to see what the BA refurb of T7 brings!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
How have people balanced Flagship First dining with the on-plane meal?

I have a flight from JFK to LAX in two weeks. I'm booked on a late flight, but I can probably leave anytime throughout the day, so I will likely SDC into an earlier flight. I want to eat in Flagship Dining to try the product and get to LAX by a reasonable hour, so I'm thinking of taking the 3:30 or 5 PM flight. My question is - should I get to JFK at around noon or 1, have lunch, then eat again on the plane? Should I try to not eat on the plane at all?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Adelphos
How have people balanced Flagship First dining with the on-plane meal?
I have a flight from JFK to LAX in two weeks. I'm booked on a late flight, but I can probably leave anytime throughout the day, so I will likely SDC into an earlier flight. I want to eat in Flagship Dining to try the product and get to LAX by a reasonable hour, so I'm thinking of taking the 3:30 or 5 PM flight. My question is - should I get to JFK at around noon or 1, have lunch, then eat again on the plane? Should I try to not eat on the plane at all?
If you have time, I would definitely do Flagship Dining and forget eating on the plane unless you get hungry later in the flight. On board, give the crew your choice and tell them you'd like to eat later, if you decide to eat at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.