FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Seat Map Craziness (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1845973-seat-map-craziness.html)

SfoDtwFlr Jun 2, 2017 10:45 am

Seat Map Craziness

1 Attachment(s)
Was selecting seats today on a 737-800 and noticed some craziness on the seat map... Look at the row numbers.

Anyone else seen this?

I have to say that AA's website and app are light years behind what I see at DL, my other main carrier. I can't believe that you still can't book a flight in the Android app (just directs you to the website).

rjw242 Jun 2, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr (Post 28393341)
Was selecting seats today on a 737-800 and noticed some craziness on the seat map... Look at the row numbers.

Anyone else seen this?

I have to say that AA's website and app are light years behind what I see at DL, my other main carrier. I can't believe that you still can't book a flight in the Android app (just directs you to the website).

Whoops. Somebody forgot to add "ORDER BY rownumber" to the source code :D

SpammersAreScum Jun 2, 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr (Post 28393341)

Anyone else seen this?

There's been discussion of this on the "website issues" thread, and I saw a similar mess yesterday, although yours looks like a pretty extreme example.

A refresh will probably clear it up, and I've found that if you just select based on position your seat assignment will have the right row number anyway.

The smallest state Jun 2, 2017 1:12 pm

I will be willing to bet there is some poor dad who will book his wife and two kids in one row and he "will be right behind/in front of them".

Then they get on board and wife automatically assumes he booked 15 rows back to avoid parental responsibility for the flight.

............ahh the endless toil of married men.

dkc192 Jun 2, 2017 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242 (Post 28393514)
Whoops. Somebody forgot to add "ORDER BY rownumber" to the source code :D

I think there's more. Row 34 doesn't exist on a 737, at least not to my knowledge... :p

SfoDtwFlr Jun 2, 2017 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 28393781)
...I've found that if you just select based on position your seat assignment will have the right row number anyway.

In this case the hover popup (what appears when you put your mouse pointer over a seat) showed the correct number and information, so I think I probably got the assignment that I wanted.

danohio Jun 2, 2017 3:37 pm

I've had this issue, I've also seen the system show a row of six seats on an E-175 instead of the normal four. Thought about selecting one of the seats outside of the plane but decided against it as I couldn't find my heavy coat and personal oxygen bottle in my closet.

Kamalaasaa Jun 2, 2017 6:34 pm

When I did online check-in for a recent flight I looked at the seat map and saw a seat I liked better and selected it. When I went to the next screen I noticed a charge amount at the bottom. Went back to the first screen and my complimentary seat was now showing up as having a fee (colored instead of white, etc.), so I switched back to the original one.

I noticed the row numbers were (in order but) different from what I expected the first time, but I figured it was an equipment change or maybe they had just moved me. When I went back to the page to see why the fee was there, the row numbers had been fixed.