Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-SFO to get A332 October 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by ps9a
Aircraft swap to 763 on this route AA680 to SFO today and AA700 back to PHL tomorrow. Don't remember seeing one of these in SF since they ran it transcon pre-32B.
This has happened several times over the past few weeks on both the PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX routes. I wonder if something is going on with the 332s, or if they're just taking delays out of Europe for some reason.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by asf-07
This has happened several times over the past few weeks on both the PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX routes. I wonder if something is going on with the 332s, or if they're just taking delays out of Europe for some reason.
Sad and unfortunately I'm on the verge of opting to take a routing of SFO-LAX-DCA-CTL-SFO in a few weeks as I just "hate" being disappointed with the substitution 767 and/or delays to get to the east coast with hopes of taking the A332's.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by asf-07
I bet it's that they will sub out SFO/LAX before if it prevents a Europe route from getting delayed because of EU 261. Add in that they are shorter flights and putting the inferior aircraft there makes sense.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
On the bright side, if you're an elite in coach hoping for an upgrade, the 767 offers eight more F seats than the 332!
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:05 pm

AA needs to show City of Brotherly Love some consistent love from the West Coast. We're not all that interested with going to JFK in the garrunteed luxury of the transcontinental three class service.

Would be be nice to see one of the heavies on a PHL-LAX/SFO-Hawaii routing before backing back to PHL then to the EU.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Aircraft swap to 763 on this route AA680 to SFO today and AA700 back to PHL tomorrow. Don't remember seeing one of these in SF since they ran it transcon pre-32B.
The 763 still makes an occasional appearance (usually 1x/day SFO-MIA during certain part of the year).
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by econ
The 763 still makes an occasional appearance (usually 1x/day SFO-MIA during certain part of the year).
lit was on the SFO-MIA rout at the wand of Aig as I took it for a RT just prior to Labor Weekend beginning.

But it to my surprise yesterday, it wasn't there for my searches of a returning trip I have to MIA next month. Bummed!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you mean the A321T version of 32B, and the SFO-JFK 767, that was a 767-223. The 762s have been gone for some time now.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:18 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
We Philadelphians have longed for a consistent lie-flat premium product to the West coast for decades. The numbers must not be there to market a dedicated service, otherwise it would have happened. They're not going to sub a standard 321 for a 321-Transcon on a JFK-LAX/SFO route. But they will sub a 767 or even 321 on a PHL-LAX/SFO route that's got a 332 assigned if needed.
Zacnlinc and McSam18 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
We Philadelphians have longed for a consistent lie-flat premium product to the West coast for decades. The numbers must not be there to market a dedicated service, otherwise it would have happened. They're not going to sub a standard 321 for a 321-Transcon on a JFK-LAX/SFO route. But they will sub a 767 or even 321 on a PHL-LAX/SFO route that's got a 332 assigned if needed.
This reasoning is why I adopted VX and hung in there as long as possible. Mu goal is PHL as that's home. I'd much rather trek to the office (Asbury Park, NJ) from there than from JFK or even EWR. Growing up we hated both "New Yorker" airports and loved our Philly airport services even if deficient. We accepted it or didn't know any better once USAirways moved the hub from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia.

AA must know the need is there if they're tracking and trending F/J purchases vs. upgrades when the A332 and 767 is in the rotation as well as the routing of passengers that are no EU to/from bound. (like me).
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:48 pm

I'm scheduled to fly DUB-PHL-SFO in a couple of weeks, and one of the reasons I booked it that way are lie-flat seats all the way. If 767 is substituted, what are the seats like there? Is it normal, non-lie-flat domestic First seats?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
I'm scheduled to fly DUB-PHL-SFO in a couple of weeks, and one of the reasons I booked it that way are lie-flat seats all the way. If 767 is substituted, what are the seats like there? Is it normal, non-lie-flat domestic First seats?
All 763 have international lie-flat J cabins, so you'd still have a lie-flat I cannot speak to the difference of the lie-flats on 332 vs. 763.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
Two Weeks from now (Oct 19-21): The A332 is on the late afternoon PHL-SFO route. If it's the 767, the seats up front are indeed lie-flat. Good Luck!!

You'll be fine on either heavy for the trek transcon. I personally like to have the seat where the little table rest is near the aisle. I found that I'm often hit/bumped/smacked with body parts and/or carry on when Y starts to board if I'm not seated in my preferred seat.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Oct 6, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
All 763 have international lie-flat J cabins, so you'd still have a lie-flat I cannot speak to the difference of the lie-flats on 332 vs. 763.
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Two Weeks from now (Oct 19-21): The A332 is on the late afternoon PHL-SFO route. If it's the 767, the seats up front are indeed lie-flat. Good Luck!!
Thanks, will report on my experience .
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got an ordinary 16 F seat A321 on my SFO-PHL flight later this month. (first departure of the day, 5:53am or so).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.