Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-SFO to get A332 October 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got an ordinary 16 F seat A321 on my SFO-PHL flight later this month. (first departure of the day, 5:53am or so).
i use to take an early AM flight to PHL until discovering the A332 that leaves around 8:30-ish. Well worth the wait and ride since they day in PHL is already shot by the time I'd get there anyway.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
I'm scheduled to fly DUB-PHL-SFO in a couple of weeks, and one of the reasons I booked it that way are lie-flat seats all the way. If 767 is substituted, what are the seats like there? Is it normal, non-lie-flat domestic First seats?
Just flew both over 3 days. 763 seats are better as a couple (or parent/kid), worse as a solo passenger, IMO. Big difference is the IFE. On international flights, they pass out tablets on the 763. Domestic, they do not, so all you get is the shared overhead tv's, circa 1990. If this matters to you, load your iPad, Kindle, etc. 332 has seatback entertainment, including 4 live tv channels. I've taken this flight a lot since they introduced it (though Friday was the first time I had the 763 swap)... it's far nicer than any other product going from the Bay Area to Philly.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by ps9a
Just flew both over 3 days. 763 seats are better as a couple (or parent/kid), worse as a solo passenger, IMO. Big difference is the IFE. On international flights, they pass out tablets on the 763. Domestic, they do not, so all you get is the shared overhead tv's, circa 1990. If this matters to you, load your iPad, Kindle, etc. 332 has seatback entertainment, including 4 live tv channels. I've taken this flight a lot since they introduced it (though Friday was the first time I had the 763 swap)... it's far nicer than any other product going from the Bay Area to Philly.
The 763 window seats for a solo passenger aren't terrible albeit quite open.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The afternoon PHL-SFO 332 is now replaced with a 321 in the latest schedule change (at least in Sept, I didn’t check the full range of the updaye).
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by armus
The afternoon PHL-SFO 332 is now replaced with a 321 in the latest schedule change (at least in Sept, I didn’t check the full range of the updaye).
Its still a 767 in August and early September. Switched from a332 to 767 a few weeks ago. More chances of an upgrade at least.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:49 pm

Until labor day they do seem to be using the 767 (except on Tue and Fri when they switch to a 321). After Labor Day it's a 321 everyday until Oct 2. After that it's back to the 330, though that could just be the point where they ended their quarter-in-advance schedule changes.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:08 am

I feel like the widebody schedules are not finalized until 6-8 weeks prior in some cases. PHL-SFO ran with a 332 and a 763 for ~6 weeks between April and May so it appears there is a market for the lieflat premium product.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by armus
Until labor day they do seem to be using the 767 (except on Tue and Fri when they switch to a 321). After Labor Day it's a 321 everyday until Oct 2. After that it's back to the 330, though that could just be the point where they ended their quarter-in-advance schedule changes.
Looks like it's gone from the fall now, too... just got schedule changes on a couple of trips-- already called and refunded the tickets. Sad to see widebodies gone from this route, as it gave AA a clear advantage in this market. They still have more frequency than AS and UA, but I'm not a huge fan of the ex-US a321. Big capacity reduction on this route, too, as they seem to have simply taken this flight out of the schedule instead of replacing the 330 with a smaller plane.

Last edited by ps9a; Jul 2, 2019 at 9:15 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ps9a
Big capacity reduction on this route, too, as they seem to have simply taken this flight out of the schedule instead of replacing the 330 with a smaller plane.
I think this may be seasonal to some extent, but when they drew back on this route last Fall, they kept the A330 flight. It's just anecdotal, but pretty much every AA flight I have been on for this route -- A330, B767, or A321 -- has been full over the past few months.

The closest widebodies to SFO would now be United out of EWR, and most of the Philly travelers I know are, of course, very much EWR-averse.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wm47
I think this may be seasonal to some extent, but when they drew back on this route last Fall, they kept the A330 flight. It's just anecdotal, but pretty much every AA flight I have been on for this route -- A330, B767, or A321 -- has been full over the past few months.

The closest widebodies to SFO would now be United out of EWR, and most of the Philly travelers I know are, of course, very much EWR-averse.
Strangely, they removed the 332 up through Oct 2 last month... now they've removed it through Nov 2... they still show the 332 operating this route on and after 11/3. Maybe they're removing a month at a time?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:05 pm

AA always rolls out their real schedule about a calendar quarter in advance, often updating in 2 week intervals every other Saturday night. Anything further in the future I consider to be a generic template that was used when the day was first loaded ~11 months in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: *G, OWE
Just a data-point. I was booked YUL-PHL-SFO mid-July with PHL-SFO on the 332. I didn’t receive any notification from AA but I did get an EF aircraft change notification late May re the down-gauge to the ex-US A321. I contacted AA via Twitter and asked if I could be changed to either YUL-PHL-LAX-SFO (PHL-LAX on a 332) or YUL-JFK-SFO so that I could still have a lie flat for the transcon sector. There was no fuss or push-back and they quickly changed me to the 3-class A321T out of JFK. I am happy with that.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Got an EF aircraft change alert for my early morning SFO-PHL segment for this summer. Was a LUS A321 and it's now a 737, apparently with Oasis interior. Not sure how extensive this aircraft swap is on the SFO-PHL route.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Got an EF aircraft change alert for my early morning SFO-PHL segment for this summer. Was a LUS A321 and it's now a 737, apparently with Oasis interior. Not sure how extensive this aircraft swap is on the SFO-PHL route.
Checked the schedules for few dates in June, July, and August. Looks like while they have not eliminated the LUS A321, they're planning on flying mainly 737's and 757's -- some of the worst planes in the fleet, in my opinion, esp. for transcon flights -- on this route this summer. Not that United's A320 offering would be much better, of course.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:57 pm

I had a PHL-SFO booked on an A330 in August and went into my booking this morning and see it’s been relegated to a 737

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.