Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-SFO to get A332 October 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Herb687
Want first? Buy first!
Misses the point. Buy first I understand, but why buy AA first?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ckd38
Same soft product as the regular PHL-SFO on the janky LUS A321s?

Have the choice between a confirmed upgrade on this route or a good chance of the upgrade on JFK-SFO.
AFAIK no significant difference in soft product between LUS and LAA non-premium routes -- if anything, higher chance of PDB on LUS. So yes, not as good soft as JFK-SFO, but in no way tainted by the fact that LUS has "janky" A321s.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
This has been continually extended and now operates until May 3. Next schedule update will be telling because it will extend into June. Remains to be seen whether this will be pulled to run the summer transatlantic schedule, my guess is yes.
The S18 TA schedule is not finalized, but as it currently stands the 332 could potentially do both PHL-LAX/SFO so long as the timing was right.

S18 332 routes
PHL-MUC
PHL-FRA
PHL-MAN
PHL-MAD
PHL-BCN
PHL-DUB
PHL-CDG
PHL-LAX
CLT-CDG
CLT-MAD
CLT-BCN
CLT-DUB
CLT-FRA
13 routes for 15 frames
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:41 pm

I'm booked on this flight in early February and am wondering if the seat map on AA.com is accurate in terms of MCE seats. I assume so but it's so different than what is shown on Seatguru I just want be sure. Also, are all the MCE seats about equal on this flight? For example rows 6-8 only show seats C, D, and F while 9-36 show C, D, E, and F. Also, seats G and H are shown as MCE for rows 9-16 while A and B are regular seats for those rows.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: A few here and there
AA.com is correct

Originally Posted by driggity
I'm booked on this flight in early February and am wondering if the seat map on AA.com is accurate in terms of MCE seats. I assume so but it's so different than what is shown on Seatguru I just want be sure. Also, are all the MCE seats about equal on this flight? For example rows 6-8 only show seats C, D, and F while 9-36 show C, D, E, and F. Also, seats G and H are shown as MCE for rows 9-16 while A and B are regular seats for those rows.
I believe that Seat Guru has not been updated to reflect the new P/E (Premium Economy) seats. My understanding is that there is only 1 plane left in the old configuration.

What you're seeing on aa.com is correct. I would certainly try and bag one of the seats in row 6-8 as they will be similar to a domestic 1st class seat (Albeit a little better)
driggity likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Drunkmuppet
I believe that Seat Guru has not been updated to reflect the new P/E (Premium Economy) seats. My understanding is that there is only 1 plane left in the old configuration.

What you're seeing on aa.com is correct. I would certainly try and bag one of the seats in row 6-8 as they will be similar to a domestic 1st class seat (Albeit a little better)
Thanks. I had grabbed one of those seats anyways on the off-chance that they're better.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
This explains why my flight next week is solidly booked in the front part of Y. Have the exit aisle seat towards the back now. Hoping for upgrade to come through though.
Drunkmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
This explains why my flight next week is solidly booked in the front part of Y. Have the exit aisle seat towards the back now. Hoping for upgrade to come through though.
My departure on this flight is scheduled to leave in seven days. I’ve been checking the seat map on the app and there aren’t many open seat up front in Y. So out out curiosity, I check online as if I were purchasing a ticket and there are plenty of seats available up front!! What gives AA?

Want to call CS to see if I could be moved to the PE section. But then again, I am a little hesitant to give up my window exit row seat.

F looks good on EF for possible upgrade. Hmmmmm?????
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
I'm just surprised they don't use the A330 for the red-eyes given the flatbed seats, which makes it more on par with the JFK transcon offerings.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by PA Pilot
I'm just surprised they don't use the A330 for the red-eyes given the flatbed seats, which makes it more on par with the JFK transcon offerings.
Redeye's would make sense, but it seems like they want to provide a full premium hard product experience from SFO/LAX-PHL-Europe rather than just the SFO/LAX-PHL local market.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:48 pm

The 332 on PHL-SFO is now in the schedules through June 6th
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by nova08
The 332 on PHL-SFO is now in the schedules through June 6th
I took PHL-SFO-PHL last month and despite light loads in coach, first class was completely full. I wonder if they're doing well enough up front to keep this going.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
I took PHL-SFO-PHL last month and despite light loads in coach, first class was completely full. I wonder if they're doing well enough up front to keep this going.
Not necessarily. Upgrades. Makes first class almost always full domestically so that’s not the best metric to determine paid fares.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:22 pm

I beg to differ... I just booked a flight for next week and returning a week later and F is booked solid (Friday departure) with just one seat available. No one could have been upgraded at this point due to status. The return is 3/4 full. I splurged and opted to get F for the return.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I beg to differ... I just booked a flight for next week and returning a week later and F is booked solid (Friday departure) with just one seat available. No one could have been upgraded at this point due to status. The return is 3/4 full. I splurged and opted to get F for the return.
Aircraft swap to 763 on this route AA680 to SFO today and AA700 back to PHL tomorrow. Don't remember seeing one of these in SF since they ran it transcon pre-32B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.