Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQMs for hotel stays

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
In my Hilton awards I was able to choose points and miles, meaning I earn HHonors points and (smaller) AAdvantage points.

I will register in case I stay at a Hilton, but other than that...........this promotion doesn't hold any value that I can see.

Billybligh - Great point, you might end up with a couple of upgrades that you can't use anyways.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:39 am

Hey guys, saw that this was also good on Rocketmiles bookings...at least in that case you'd cap out at 100 EQMs per hotel stay as Rocketmiles starts out at 1,000 miles per night.

In fact, if you were doing a 1 night stay, you would essentially be earning 100 EQMs per night.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by ckendall
This is a sufficiently complex promotion that I, who am short EQM at the moment ($6K EQD, 40K EQM) cannot figure out whether it's worth it or not.
For me, it is not worth it after the devaluations. A promo like this that said "Earn 3X EQM and EQD" and "can be booked on hilton.com", would suffice. But it doesn't.

And us massive, hard-knox, loyal, LT PLTs don't have $6000.00 EQDs at the end of the year, even though we quasi-earned it.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Useless for me too. Need EQD not EQM.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by controller1
You need to read the T&C as this does not apply to the conversion of hotel points to AA miles. It is solely in conjunction with the direct earning of AA miles through hotel stays.
Noted. So what does AA do, they do a 25% bonus promo on conversions. Hilarious.

Rasheed
Old May 26, 2017, 3:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rasheed
Noted. So what does AA do, they do a 25% bonus promo on conversions. Hilarious.

Rasheed
True but the 25% bonus is on award miles, not EQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.