Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Targeted promo] Double or Triple Miles on Premium flights on AA until 8/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted promo] Double or Triple Miles on Premium flights on AA until 8/31

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:25 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I got the 2x offer, and prolly only got it because I am booked on BA 2 in May. I might have gotten 3x if I didn't book anything at all.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:01 pm

Just got targeted for another promo:You’ve been selected to earn triple award miles on First and Business class tickets through July 8.

Here’s how it works:Register before you travel using promotion codePR38BPurchase and fly on First or Business class tickets on qualifying flights*Earn triple award miles on all those flights through July 8, 2018

=======EDIT=======
Ooops, nm. They just sent the email again for the previous promo
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
email title: By invitation only: Earn double miles on flights

Just had a coworker (Gold) get the targeted email below. For reference nothing for Platinum and Platinum Pro coworkers:

You’ve been selected to earn double award miles on First and Business class tickets through July 8.

Here’s how it works:
Register before you travel using promotion code P438D
Purchase and fly on First or Business class tickets on at least 4 qualifying flights*
After 4 flights, you’ll earn double award miles on those flights and any others* through July 8, 2018

SIGNUP by APRIL 10

And don't forget: You earn Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) at a higher rate when you purchase travel in First or Business — up to 3 EQMs per mile — getting you to elite status even faster.

Terms and Conditions
This is an exclusive offer only for members who received an email directly from American Airlines. You must register by 11:59 p.m. CDT on April 10, 2018, and prior to travel in order for your flights to count toward this promotion.

*AAdvantage® bonus mileage offer is only valid for travel on American Airlines marketed flights (operated by American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines). Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies to purchased published fares in First Class booked in F or A; Business Class fares booked in J, R, D or I. Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base award miles earned for the eligible flights (excludes award miles earned from elite bonuses). Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage® Million MilerSM status. Travel flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the bonus mile offer.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
As a Plat I've gotten this. Twice, even, the second coming after I'd already signed up. My theory is they go to people who haven't flown a lot of First or Business but might be coaxed (and hooked) by this. That fits me, although the joke's on them -- I expect to be mostly Business in the future anyway.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
As a Plat I've gotten this. Twice, even, the second coming after I'd already signed up. My theory is they go to people who haven't flown a lot of First or Business but might be coaxed (and hooked) by this. That fits me, although the joke's on them -- I expect to be mostly Business in the future anyway.
Same got it again today.

Safe Travles
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:16 pm

2x after 4 flights, though I already had some First / business bookings
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
My wife as a Plat Pro got the 3x offer. Around this time last year, she had 2 last minute trips in J that she credited to AA (first trip was to FRA on BA and second trip was to SIN on JAL) so I'm guessing that since then she only had a return from SAN-LHR in F, that AA might think that she'd be tempted by this offer. Only Business class flights we have booked before Christmas is in J for LAX-SYD (with the return in PEY) and a first/business to the Caribbean over Thanksgiving, so she won't make the 4 flight min.

Me, as a Plat got a rock!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm Gold and got the offer. I have two F flights booked in the next 3 months. Does anyone know if fights booked before registering for the promo but flown after registering count?

It's not a tremendously tempting offer. For example, say you take two transcon RT's for $1200 each, of which $1000 are base fare, and say you fly two other transcons in Y for $600 each of which $500 is base fare, that's $3K or 15K miles, so the bonus is 30K miles. Of course if you're flying overseas and spending much more, it matters more.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Got the triple mile offer as a PPRO who has been cutting back on travel this year.

Also got a voicemail on my landline from someone at AAdvantage basically asking where I've been (haven't returned it).
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:26 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Why nobody gives offer's full code?

Why nobody bothers stating the offers CODE and eventually full name 0 all it takes is paste and copy.
Even if it states that it is targeted or by invitation only it would be very helpful e.g. in case your email system sucks, but if had a chance to enter the number. The worse is that AA would tell you how they really value your sticking with them.
Publish CODES and TITLES, please.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m44
Why nobody bothers stating the offers CODE and eventually full name 0 all it takes is paste and copy.
Even if it states that it is targeted or by invitation only it would be very helpful e.g. in case your email system sucks, but if had a chance to enter the number. The worse is that AA would tell you how they really value your sticking with them.
Publish CODES and TITLES, please.
Um, it’s been listed numerous times upthread...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I contacted AA. Found out that you can qualify with previously-purchased travel, AND each segment in paid F is considered a separate flight.

In my case, I have 2-segment paid F flights on April 14 and June 8. So apparently I will get the bonus for those flights, plus any others taken from June 9-July 8. Don't know that I'd have gone out of my way to get it, but it's a nice perk, and if I have to take a trip in July, I might try to do it earlier in the month rather than later.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:26 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I got the 2X offer. Only First/Business travel I have booked isn't until August, so I probably won't end up getting anything. But you never know.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by m44
The worse is that AA would tell you how they really value your sticking with them.
Huh?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
I was targeted too.
I have 7 segments booked in F/J between this Aug and Jan '19, The Jan trip - MIA-SYD-AKL-MIA.
My chances of getting another offer to cover these? I'm thinking ZIP to ZILCH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.