Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Fast Track Immigration pass

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

LHR Fast Track Immigration pass

When I fly J into London Heathrow T3 I always receive this card which allows Fast Track access. You follow the signs all the way to the right and then hand the card to the purple agent and you queue in the Fast Track lane. No one ever checks boarding passes.

Now that I am a Registered Traveller I can use the ePassport gates. So, can I give the pass to someone else to use? Any experience?
Old May 8, 2017, 3:19 pm

This would almost certainly be answered more completely in the BA/BAEC forum.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cfo314
When I fly J into London Heathrow T3 I always receive this card which allows Fast Track access. You follow the signs all the way to the right and then hand the card to the purple agent and you queue in the Fast Track lane. No one ever checks boarding passes.

Now that I am a Registered Traveller I can use the ePassport gates. So, can I give the pass to someone else to use? Any experience?
Yes you can, they are not assigned to specific passengers but bear in mind the fast track may still be faster than the ePassport gates.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Yes you can, they are not assigned to specific passengers but bear in mind the fast track may still be faster than the ePassport gates.
^

This has been my experience
Old May 8, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

It depends what time you arrive I suppose. Last time l, there was no one in line for the Egates.

Well, I have an extra one of these cards from my last trip. PM me and I'll mail it to you.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Who do you get them from? I flew J this past week and they did not give me one.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chitink
Who do you get them from? I flew J this past week and they did not give me one.
FAs pass them out with the landing card and Arrivals Lounge pass. My last trip was in April.

I would email customer service and let them know.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr
^

This has been my experience
I have had the opposite experience - the Fast Track lane always seems to be backed up and only have one desk open, makes me wish I had used the normal lane.

I now have trusted traveler as well and am a fan of the epassport gates. Remember to take off your glasses if you wear them!
Old May 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by Jish
I have had the opposite experience - the Fast Track lane always seems to be backed up and only have one desk open, makes me wish I had used the normal lane.

I now have trusted traveler as well and am a fan of the epassport gates. Remember to take off your glasses if you wear them!

Sorry, just to be clear I was saying that the FastTrack invites are not passenger specific and that the relative speed of FastTrack vs. ePassport varies. Also, it may help the OP to know that multiple times when I have been travelling in coach as and EXP the FA has also given my no status companion a FastTrack invitation.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Without stating the mathematics of queueing theory, I will say that comparisons of timing through Fast Track vis-a-vis ePassport are tricky. Overall it's 50-50 as to which will get you through faster. However, my experience is that the ePassport queues are more predictable whereas on occasion the Fast Track queue is a bloody disaster. In other words, the mean time in queue for ePassport is lower. I always opt for ePassport (I am a Registered Traveller), but I do spot a fellow passenger who goes into the Fast Track queue to see who wins.

And yes, as a solo EXP in MCE when I could not upgrade, I have been discreetly offered a Fast Track pass. But many of the FAs on 173/174 know me (there are FAs who have worked those flights for more than 10 years).
Old May 11, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ccengct
....I always opt for ePassport (I am a Registered Traveller), but I do spot a fellow passenger who goes into the Fast Track queue to see who wins.

And yes, as a solo EXP in MCE when I could not upgrade, I have been discreetly offered a Fast Track pass. But many of the FAs on 173/174 know me (there are FAs who have worked those flights for more than 10 years).
Wow, 10 years! I haven't been on 174 since 2010 so some of them may have been on that flight.

Next time I will spot someone going through Fast Track as well and see who finishes first, maybe I'll start a tally.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by ccengct
Without stating the mathematics of queueing theory, I will say that comparisons of timing through Fast Track vis-a-vis ePassport are tricky. Overall it's 50-50 as to which will get you through faster. However, my experience is that the ePassport queues are more predictable whereas on occasion the Fast Track queue is a bloody disaster. In other words, the mean time in queue for ePassport is lower. I always opt for ePassport (I am a Registered Traveller), but I do spot a fellow passenger who goes into the Fast Track queue to see who wins.

As an EXP you shouldn't actually need the Pass. You get access to Fast Track at LHR as a One World Emerald - just show them your BP and you should be good to go.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by msv777
As an EXP you shouldn't actually need the Pass. You get access to Fast Track at LHR as a One World Emerald - just show them your BP and you should be good to go.

Cheers.
is that new? I didn't realize that's a OWE benefit.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lightbulbs
is that new? I didn't realize that's a OWE benefit.
I have tried this in the recent past and was denied.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by msv777

Cheers.
This used to be a OWE benefit. Now, every time, I've tried, I've been turned down if I don't have the paper pass. On my last flight, I specifically asked the FA for the pass (I was in business). She said that she would find one. Closer to landing asked again,was assured it would be given. Final story, no pass. Was told to ask the FAs further in the cabin myself as I deplaned. (Try doing that as everyone is trying to depart!) No pass, was denied entry, quiet fume as I waited in the line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.