Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear AA, please promote this FA to CEO

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Dear AA, please promote this FA to CEO

I've ripped AA a lot recently, some publicly, some not, but all deserved for poor treatment. I had to write a positive comment about the best FA I've ever seen.

Flew a mainline mid-con last night blocked at around 2:45 without even a snack basket in F.

The lead FA had a tray of water to offer pax as they boarded. With or without ice. Not F pax. EVERY pax!

She had a bouquet of flowers she brought herself and had in the galley at boarding. After takeoff she moved them to the F lav. Fresh flowers! In a domestic 738 lav!

Zero catering so she found a stash of cookies, baked them and put two on a plate (using the nut ramekin) and passed them out.

Constant and proactive refills of any and all beverages without even asking.

Keep in mind, AA uses a solo FA for 16 F pax (cabin full).

I wrote an e-mail to CS, but the response will be mindless and robotic. Is there anything "more" I can do to have this individual recognized, if not given sainthood in the way she treats the traveling public?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:28 pm

I would have loved to have flown "back in the day" when Piedmont crew, predecessors to USAir etc., would bring Krispy Kreme donuts on board for all the passengers. Nice touch in a different era, from what i have read. That FA you had has a lot of pride in what she does, good for you for singling her out.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Tweet/DM AA with your flight info and positive comments...they're happy to pass it along.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Tweet/DM AA with your flight info and positive comments...they're happy to pass it along.
I don't use Twitter. Facebook?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Or open a generic twitter account just to communicate with AA. Doesn't cost anything.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by saaveraward
No, Twitter.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yea the only reason I joined Twitter was for customer service praise or issues. It's much more effective than "customer relations"
Old May 6, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Did you catch her name ? If so make sure to tag her on the post on social media !
Old May 6, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I got her name and included it in a note to CS.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Did you catch her name ? If so make sure to tag her on the post on social media !
First name only if tweeting publicly.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:36 pm

Can you share what flight this was? I would definitely like to hopefully run into this wonderful flight attendant.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242
First name only if tweeting publicly.
Of course not. By name I meant her first name on the tag.

Originally Posted by mobile19
Can you share what flight this was? I would definitely like to hopefully run into this wonderful flight attendant.
I may be mistaken, but I think it's a NY based crew. At least that's what I thought I heard on the PA.

I'd prefer not to share flight and name, just for the privacy of the person.

Thanks

Last edited by JY1024; May 6, 2017 at 8:28 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old May 6, 2017, 5:53 pm

That's cool. I live in New York. I hope to get her on one of my upcoming trips.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Some years back I was flying LGA/DFW back when upgrades as an EXP almost always cleared. On this flight no upgrade with two older FAs working the Y cabin. They made several passes with the cart and even kept going up and down the aisle asking paxs if they could refill drinks. Years ago on a MIA/JFK flight (a 757) the flight was extremely light but completely full in F (I missed the upgrade by one). The FAs did PDBs throughout the a/c (anything you wanted) and even served the then snack boxes complimenatry using a tray.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:09 pm
Suspended

I would suggest not naming the aforementioned outstanding flight attendant, because given AA's attitude toward customer service, I suspect she'd be in line to be terminated for providing too considerate a customer experience, and one which could not help but make the rest of AA's customer-facing employees look bad in comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.