Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by BTA
Have bonus points posted for anyone? I completed all 4 transactions. Shopping and dining have posted to AA account. Still waiting on Flowers and Vinesse to show up
I had 3000 Vinesse post (and canceled without incident!), 800 from 1800flowers (600 + 200 elite), 132 dining, and 105 shopping. Spend was $42, 51, 43, and 52, respectively. But the dining and shopping were things I absolutely would have bought anyhow, and I paid about $20 extra for the flowers than I would have. So net "cost" $62.

I don't expect the 10k to post for a while, but glad to have gotten the 4k so far, which I consider a wash against the $62 spent.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:25 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I had 3000 Vinesse post (and canceled without incident!), 800 from 1800flowers (600 + 200 elite), 132 dining, and 105 shopping. Spend was $42, 51, 43, and 52, respectively. But the dining and shopping were things I absolutely would have bought anyhow, and I paid about $20 extra for the flowers than I would have. So net "cost" $62.

I don't expect the 10k to post for a while, but glad to have gotten the 4k so far, which I consider a wash against the $62 spent.
Thanks, apparently I needed to publicly 'complain' here. My Vinesse miles have now posted.

Now I just need to be patient for the 10k.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Is It Too Late?

Now that I've ordered $20 cookies (vs. $37 for flowers) that I clearly wouldn't normally buy, I'm reading the T&Cs regarding Qualifying Transaction dates. From the AA site:

". . . some partners record Qualifying Transactions based on completion of the required activity (for example, delivery of the item purchased including delivery of flowers). You must check with the Participating Partner to confirm how the partner records Qualifying Transactions . . ."

platbrownguy or BTA, since your Vinesse transaction has posted, what's the activity date listed? You mentioned you signed up on 5/11.

I suspect my 1-800-Flowers/cookies will post okay before the deadline--hopefully the order date will post--or at least the shipping date, which should be okay. iDine and eShopping are done and confirmed long ago.

But before I sign myself up for Vinesse wine (which I've been pondering is it worth it ever since receiving this promo) I'm not sure that will post by June 15?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Steph58
platbrownguy or BTA, since your Vinesse transaction has posted, what's the activity date listed? You mentioned you signed up on 5/11.
Vinesse signup 5/11, wines shipped 5/19, miles posted 6/2, canceled 6/9 (21 days after shipment).

Flowers ordered 5/27 for delivery 5/30, delivered 5/30 & miles posted 5/30.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:05 am

eShopping problem

I purchased a camera lens on Adorama and can see the transaction pending on AA eShopping. However, the purchase amount is listed as "$0.00" where it should be $100+.

Has anyone had that happen?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:15 am

Dining

I think I messed up my 3rd portion of this promo (I am not buying wine). I ate at a restaurant yesterday on the list but I don't think they post those points for some time even though the AA Dining site will show the date of the dine. We shall see.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rc408
I think I messed up my 3rd portion of this promo (I am not buying wine). I ate at a restaurant yesterday on the list but I don't think they post those points for some time even though the AA Dining site will show the date of the dine. We shall see.
You should be fine--your qualifying "transaction" took place within the promotion timeframe. I was going to say dining miles take awhile to post, but I just looked at my account and see my dine from June 3 has posted in the past few days.

I threw all caution to the wind and signed up for Vinesse on Sun. June 11 (after reading their T&C's which stated must be "enrolled" during the promotion period). As it turned out, my wine was delivered with lightening speed on Tues June 13. Called to delay my next shipment; thanks to others for that tip.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
You should be fine--your qualifying "transaction" took place within the promotion timeframe. I was going to say dining miles take awhile to post, but I just looked at my account and see my dine from June 3 has posted in the past few days.

I threw all caution to the wind and signed up for Vinesse on Sun. June 11 (after reading their T&C's which stated must be "enrolled" during the promotion period). As it turned out, my wine was delivered with lightening speed on Tues June 13. Called to delay my next shipment; thanks to others for that tip.
Thanks for the post. I do see that AA Dining has the dine and points. It appears they post all dines to my AA account once a month. I'll just wait and see what happens at this point.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
Thanks for the post. I do see that AA Dining has the dine and points. It appears they post all dines to my AA account once a month. I'll just wait and see what happens at this point.
They should be posting from RN to AA once a week, on Wednesday per the RN site marking them as "Paid" (but may take a few days to show up at AA?). But that's only for dines which registered by Tuesday on the RN site. Other dines have to wait until the next Wednesday.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:04 pm

For those contemplating Vinesse, my experience has been a bit different than others. I expected some crap wines, but I actually like 3 of the 4 bottles I've had so far.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Has anyone received the 10k bonus yet?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Anyone still waiting for the bonus miles from this promo? All four of my purchases have posted (the last one made in late-May) but still no 10k bonus.

Also, to my absolute surprise, 50% of the Vinesse wines I'd actually classify as enjoyable.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by zip10001
Great minds think alike! We posted at the exact same time on a thread that's been quiet for 3 weeks. Yes, I'm still waiting my 10k bonus.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001
The promo states: "Bonus miles are anticipated to be posted to the members AAdvantage® account by September 15, 2017."

I know they post early sometimes. No miles for me yet.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:47 pm

No bonus miles yet for me. I completed 3 of the 4 partner purchases to get the 5k (did Vinesse before and didn't think I'd qualify again and didn't need the wines).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.