Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:58 pm
SK

Thumbs down Quo usque tandem abutere, AA, patientia nostra?

No action (or even reply) to my email, twelve business days later (and three weeks after Sep. 15).
I sent one more message today...

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Same here. I emailed them and got a reply yesterday to wait two more weeks.
Originally Posted by SK
The 2,000 miles I was expecting did not post (and Vinesse was not involved - I had dinning and shopping as my two qualifying transactions, both fulfilling all the criteria).
I waited till today, just in case, to email AA. Hopefully it will be resolved...
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: US, HH
I called them after my miles didn't post. Very helpful agent.

The problem in my case was that the one qualifying transaction was done on the last day, 6/15, but didn't post until after the end date. (Although it clearly shows as 6/15 in my transaction list, so not sure how much that really came into play.)

Miles posted shortly after the call.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Called AAdvantage Customer Service this morning. This now seems to be a known issue, because the representative read from a memo stating it would be resolved within the next 3 weeks and the additional owed miles should post then. She said it had to do with the Vinesse posting late, and AA now had to determine the actual transaction date for those Vinesse transactions that posted to accounts after June 15th. For those who completed the Vinesse sign-up earlier in the promotion window, it shouldn't have affected you.

-FlyerBeek
3 weeks later and the 5,000 extra miles still haven't posted. Called AAdvantage Customer Service again and was told it would be another 2-3 weeks wait and the agent resubmitted the same form again (even though she could see it was already submitted on September 19th with the exact same notes in my record). ACS Supervisor insisted the missing miles cannot be manually credited, despite everyone acknowledging the qualifying transactions were all there. Told to call back in another 3 weeks if the miles haven't posted. Beyond frustrating, and the entire call took over 30 minutes.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
3 weeks later and the 5,000 extra miles still haven't posted. Called AAdvantage Customer Service again and was told it would be another 2-3 weeks wait and the agent resubmitted the same form again (even though she could see it was already submitted on September 19th with the exact same notes in my record). ACS Supervisor insisted the missing miles cannot be manually credited, despite everyone acknowledging the qualifying transactions were all there. Told to call back in another 3 weeks if the miles haven't posted. Beyond frustrating, and the entire call took over 30 minutes.

-FlyerBeek
This mirrors my call too. What a waste of my life. Yet another reason why AA beyond sucks.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage, National Executive
Still waiting for my bonus miles as well...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:05 pm
SK

Finally, the 2,000 miles I was expecting posted today, backdated to 15 June. I sent them three emails (one each in September, October, and November) and never received any reply.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Sent email to AAdvantage Customer Service this Monday, received a response on Tuesday asking for purchase confirmations. I replied on Wednesday, and the 10,000 miles were in my account by Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.