Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Old May 22, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'm not one who plays this game often

would I be better off just using the 30 miles per dollar promo or using this particular promo.

To get 2K miles, I need to spend $67 at 30 miles per dollar; I guess that's not unreasonable although I don't really know what flowers cost these days.

then on the other hand, I could just use the 30/$ promo and be done with it and know that it will work.
Flowers can easily cost over $60 for a decent flowers+vase. You are probably better off just doing the 30/$. The real value of the partner promotion is doing 3-4 partners. It is probably not worth it to go out of your way if you are only going to do 2 partners.

Check if you can easily do a dine and can buy something you already needed via shopping portal (most people don't realize how many things they buy in person couldve been bought in portal). If you can't get to 3 partners then I'd just use the 30 per $ code.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by banquero
Flowers can easily cost over $60 for a decent flowers+vase. You are probably better off just doing the 30/$. The real value of the partner promotion is doing 3-4 partners. It is probably not worth it to go out of your way if you are only going to do 2 partners.

Check if you can easily do a dine and can buy something you already needed via shopping portal (most people don't realize how many things they buy in person couldve been bought in portal). If you can't get to 3 partners then I'd just use the 30 per $ code.
thank you for the help

^
Old May 22, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Didn't realize there was a minimum spend for the shopping portal. They're affiliated with plenty of stores, though, and given how much shopping people do online these days, it can't be too difficult to find $50 worth of things you already need on there. Jet.com is one of the shopping portal options, and I get all my groceries there - $50, easily, that I'd spend anyway, so there isn't even really a "cost" to these miles.

I just signed up for the dining portal, as I haven't used it before, and they have a 1k point bonus for new diners who spend at least $25 and leave a review. Pretty sure these are stackable, so that's another 1k on top of however many you'd earn through this promo...

The wine club I'm going to stay far, far away from, tho. If a year in Paris couldn't teach me to appreciate wine, i don't know what will.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
Didn't realize there was a minimum spend for the shopping portal. They're affiliated with plenty of stores, though, and given how much shopping people do online these days, it can't be too difficult to find $50 worth of things you already need on there. Jet.com is one of the shopping portal options, and I get all my groceries there - $50, easily, that I'd spend anyway, so there isn't even really a "cost" to these miles.

I just signed up for the dining portal, as I haven't used it before, and they have a 1k point bonus for new diners who spend at least $25 and leave a review. Pretty sure these are stackable, so that's another 1k on top of however many you'd earn through this promo...

The wine club I'm going to stay far, far away from, tho. If a year in Paris couldn't teach me to appreciate wine, i don't know what will.
The bonus is 2k for 3 meals of $25 each. I don't think the offer stacks as stated in the signup for AA Dining.

Offer may not be combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses and each qualifying visit can only apply toward a single bonus, as determined by the AAdvantage DiningSM program.
EDIT: You also have to review one of the restaurants/bars.

Last edited by MSYtoJFKagain; May 23, 2017 at 10:57 am Reason: Added information
Old May 23, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
EDIT: You also have to review one of the restaurants/bars.
I forgot all about that............thanks a lot.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Has anyone received miles from Vinesse? Shows 0 miles earned weeks after shipment
Old May 23, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Has anyone received miles from Vinesse? Shows 0 miles earned weeks after shipment

Says it takes 6-8 weeks on their FAQ. Just delay the next shipment but dont cancel until the miles post. I did it as a test, frankly but the wine pretty much sucked.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I don't think the offer stacks as stated in the signup for AA Dining.
"Offer may not be combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses and each qualifying visit can only apply toward a single bonus, as determined by the AAdvantage DiningSM program."
Please read that carefully. All it talks about is different AAdvantage Dining bonuses not stacking. But DrRodneyMcKay was not talking about stacking within AAdvantage Dining, he was talking about stacking one AAdvantage Dining bonus with one AA mulit-partner bonus. AA awards the multi-partner bonus, while Rewards Network awards the AAdvantage Dining new member bonus. Since those two bonuses are awarded by different companies, why would you think that the T&Cs of one company talking only about itself precludes the bonus stacking with the bonus from another company?

Or did you not realize that AA and Rewads Network (the operators of AAdvantage Dining) are totally separate companies?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Please read that carefully. All it talks about is different AAdvantage Dining bonuses not stacking. But DrRodneyMcKay was not talking about stacking within AAdvantage Dining, he was talking about stacking one AAdvantage Dining bonus with one AA mulit-partner bonus. AA awards the multi-partner bonus, while Rewards Network awards the AAdvantage Dining new member bonus. Since those two bonuses are awarded by different companies, why would you think that the T&Cs of one company talking only about itself precludes the bonus stacking with the bonus from another company?

Or did you not realize that AA and Rewads Network (the operators of AAdvantage Dining) are totally separate companies?
I had no idea they were run by separate companies. Apologies.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sdsearch

That was my reasoning as well - the 10K promo is not dining specific, the dining rewards just happens to be part of it.

(also in response to the above post, it's technically 1k for the first dine, then 500 for each of the two subsequent dines, and the reviews are pretty easy and painless, they don't have to be long and exhaustive).

If they weren't stackable, that would also beg the question of which one "counts." That is, since both promos require you to spend $25 to get the bonus, how would you choose which promo that $25 dine counted toward?

In any case, however, I have not received any bonuses from anywhere yet, either for the dining or for dining+shopping.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Decided to take care of all 4 categories the other day. Made a $50 purchase through the shopping portal, there was no tax or shipping charge for my purchase just an even $50, just checked my transactions on the portal and my eligible amount for my $50 purchase was $48.31. Don't know why that is?? Kind of got screwed on that one.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:00 am

contact customer service

Originally Posted by mustang281man
Made a $50 purchase through the shopping portal, there was no tax or shipping charge for my purchase just an even $50, just checked my transactions on the portal and my eligible amount for my $50 purchase was $48.31. Don't know why that is??
Had a similar thing happen, where I missed out on a bonus because there was a tax that I overlooked. Doublecheck your receipt, and if the products themselves without any fees, etc., total $50, contact customer service (on the shopping portal) and they will correct it.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Had a similar thing happen, where I missed out on a bonus because there was a tax that I overlooked. Doublecheck your receipt, and if the products themselves without any fees, etc., total $50, contact customer service (on the shopping portal) and they will correct it.
Perfect! Thanks! I'll have to give them a call because even on my emailed receipt it show $50 no tax, fees or shipping.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:18 am

What I did for the Shopping requirement was to rebook a non-chain hotel reservation I already had on Booking.com through the portal. Net cost of no money (since I was spending it anyways) and well over the $50 threshold.

Just got the wines yesterday and haven't tried them yet. Figured they were the same cost/bottle as the plonk my wife drinks anyways and they can't be worse than that.... Kind of a PITA, though, because you have to have a person actually sign for them. That will be the reason I cancel once the required timeframe from the first order passes.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by George Purcell
What I did for the Shopping requirement was to rebook a non-chain hotel reservation I already had on Booking.com through the portal. Net cost of no money (since I was spending it anyways) and well over the $50 threshold.

Just got the wines yesterday and haven't tried them yet. Figured they were the same cost/bottle as the plonk my wife drinks anyways and they can't be worse than that.... Kind of a PITA, though, because you have to have a person actually sign for them. That will be the reason I cancel once the required timeframe from the first order passes.
Just be careful with booking.com. They seem to be hit or miss with awarding portal bonus (at least for me) and the bonus won't be posted until long after your stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.