FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Bose NR headphones AA business class? (Obsolete thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1840302-bose-nr-headphones-aa-business-class-obsolete-thread.html)

Onetreehill Dec 14, 18 12:05 pm

Bose headphone international business class
 
Just got off from AA flight 82 ( 12/14/2018)from Auckland to LAX!
yes the flight attendants would collect Bose headphones before landing and as everyone waiting for the gate to be opened we noticed a lady site aboutrow 12 window seat still wearing THAT Bose headphones with AA red whit blue logo playing twisting like she is so surprised with the “bonus” in her hand (like you are shopping at a store)
while everyone is standing with carry on at hands , her loud voice just makes people around her gossiping..... my friend said to a male flight attendant “ there’s a lady still have your headphones and bragging “ and he answered without hesitation:
you can buy it on American Airlines website but it’s more expensive! Yes it probably is her own !
my friend said : with the logo?
He said: with the logo , it’s collectible, that’s why it’s more expensive!
he made everyone silent......,
now i am catching another flight while waiting, I can’t seem to find this Bose headphones on AA site!
Is flight attendant lying? Seems he forgot to retrieve it from the lady or just...,, Xmas gift ?
did he make up about American Airline selling Bose headphones?
if it’s “ gift “ , can I get it from AA!

HofstraJet Dec 14, 18 12:13 pm


Originally Posted by Onetreehill (Post 30535778)
Just got off from AA flight 82 ( 12/14/2018)from Auckland to LAX!
yes the flight attendants would collect Bose headphones before landing and as everyone waiting for the gate to be opened we noticed a lady site aboutrow 12 window seat still wearing THAT Bose headphones with AA red whit blue logo playing twisting like she is so surprised with the “bonus” in her hand (like you are shopping at a store)
while everyone is standing with carry on at hands , her loud voice just makes people around her gossiping..... my friend said to a male flight attendant “ there’s a lady still have your headphones and bragging “ and he answered without hesitation:
you can buy it on American Airlines website but it’s more expensive! Yes it probably is her own !
my friend said : with the logo?
He said: with the logo , it’s collectible, that’s why it’s more expensive!
he made everyone silent......,
now i am catching another flight while waiting, I can’t seem to find this Bose headphones on AA site!
Is flight attendant lying? Seems he forgot to retrieve it from the lady or just...,, Xmas gift ?
did he make up about American Airline selling Bose headphones?
if it’s “ gift “ , can I get it from AA!

She should've bought the new Sony - better than the Bose. Why would anyone want to pay extra for an AA logo?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/hea...nes/wh-1000xm3

Maybe it was a closeout since AA is getting rid of the Bose in favor of the B&O? :D

enpremiere Dec 14, 18 1:06 pm


Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 30535800)
Why would anyone want to pay extra for an AA logo?

That way your friends know that you overpaid for it.

Superjeff Dec 14, 18 1:08 pm

More than that, on flight last March JFK-ZRH, they actually picked up my own headphones. We figured it out and when we landed, we had to wait until a ground manager with a key to the cabinet came on board to unlock it and return my headphones!

platbrownguy Dec 14, 18 2:06 pm


Originally Posted by Superjeff (Post 30535988)
More than that, on flight last March JFK-ZRH, they actually picked up my own headphones. We figured it out and when we landed, we had to wait until a ground manager with a key to the cabinet came on board to unlock it and return my headphones!

I always half-worry about either this happening, or being woken up and asked for my personal headphones even if I've told all the FAs not to & that I don't want their headphones. I like that they offer them, but they really need a system that doesn't involve distributing and collecting (i.e., hardwired but with swappable ear pads or something for sanitation)

sm82 Dec 14, 18 2:19 pm


Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30536192)
I always half-worry about either this happening, or being woken up and asked for my personal headphones even if I've told all the FAs not to & that I don't want their headphones. I like that they offer them, but they really need a system that doesn't involve distributing and collecting (i.e., hardwired but with swappable ear pads or something for sanitation)

It (FA's trying to collect my Bose headphones) used to happen a lot more but hasn't in a while. Likely picked up on the fact that a lot of people have these, especially those in J/F who travel a good bit. Probably just as annoying for the FAs to try to figure out which sets are personal and which are AA's...

JDiver Dec 14, 18 9:30 pm


Originally Posted by Onetreehill (Post 30535778)
Just got off from AA flight 82 ( 12/14/2018)from Auckland to LAX!
yes the flight attendants would collect Bose headphones before landing and as everyone waiting for the gate to be opened we noticed a lady site aboutrow 12 window seat still wearing THAT Bose headphones with AA red whit blue logo playing twisting like she is so surprised with the “bonus” in her hand (like you are shopping at a store)
while everyone is standing with carry on at hands , her loud voice just makes people around her gossiping..... my friend said to a male flight attendant “ there’s a lady still have your headphones and bragging “ and he answered without hesitation:
you can buy it on American Airlines website but it’s more expensive! Yes it probably is her own !
my friend said : with the logo?
He said: with the logo , it’s collectible, that’s why it’s more expensive!
he made everyone silent......,
now i am catching another flight while waiting, I can’t seem to find this Bose headphones on AA site!
Is flight attendant lying? Seems he forgot to retrieve it from the lady or just...,, Xmas gift ?
did he make up about American Airline selling Bose headphones?
if it’s “ gift “ , can I get it from AA!

I’m thinking this FA kissed the Blarney Stone and was spouting BS. AA has, AFAIK, NEVER sold headsets online. And AA branded headsets today II are three prong and aren’t likely to work at home. And the gem about collectible... ROTFLMAO.

He was embarrassed at getting caught flat-footed, or he had ulterior motive to “allow” her(collude with her) to disembark with the headset.

In the long run, as Bose exits the market for airline headsets, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...en-2019-a.html. (Maybe a lot of us will have the opportunity to purchase “collectible” AA logo design used, obsolete three prong deadsets, er, headsets with no possibility of customer support in the near future!:D)

fotographer Dec 15, 18 3:54 am

I always upon boarding, give the headphones directly to the FA, they note in their system
Never had a problem since, asking for my headphones

robertablake Dec 17, 18 3:06 am


Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 30537971)
I always upon boarding, give the headphones directly to the FA, they note in their system
Never had a problem since, asking for my headphones

This

Gildas Jun 16, 19 11:56 pm

Wonder if someone can clarify something for me, based on this thread.


It just appears to have three holes in a triangle formation. There is only one hole. The other two "holes" are actually screw heads.

The bose adaptor for my QC35's work - it's just two prongs for the top two in the triangle.
My personal headphones have a single prong (like for plugging into a laptop). Will this work, after the cabin crew take away the provided ones? The first quote implies "yes". The other comments imply "no". Has anyone used a normal, single prong headphone jack in the AA 777-200 J seats?

thunderlounge Jun 17, 19 7:11 am

You can use it single prong, but then you get sound in mono and not stereo.

Get a pack of these adapters, and keep a couple in your bag.


Antarius Jun 17, 19 7:22 am


Originally Posted by Gildas (Post 31210063)
Wonder if someone can clarify something for me, based on this thread.

My personal headphones have a single prong (like for plugging into a laptop). Will this work, after the cabin crew take away the provided ones? The first quote implies "yes". The other comments imply "no". Has anyone used a normal, single prong headphone jack in the AA 777-200 J seats?

the third prong is power. Not needed on a personal device as it has a battery.

The bottom 2 are stereo audio. I usually have a mono-stereo adapter but some of the planes seem to work ok even without them.

JDiver Jun 17, 19 12:24 pm

This thread was dedicated to discussion of the Bose QC15 noise reduction headsets on select AA longhaul flights in First and Business classes, and is obsolete and closed.

As these Bose headsets have been removed out through the fleet and replaced with the newly introduced Bang & Olufsen H9i “Beoplay” headsets, there’s a new thread for further discussion, etc. relating to the B&O H9i “Beoplay” corded headset here: Bang & Olufsen H9i NR Headset Discussion, Issues (master thread)

The Wikipost includes information about the aircraft three prong plug and connections for those who bring their own.

Moderator


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:24 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.