Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Contact number for intra-Europe booking (AA via Amadeus)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:26 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold

I've searched and searched and spent an hour on the phone to AA, so please be patient...:

Just over two weeks ago I booked an intra-European itinerary online, using AA's German site and (therefore Amadeus). I got an acknowledgement email: "Thank you for choosing American Airlines to make your booking. Your trip is confirmed and your confirmation number is ABCXYZ. [...] An electronic ticket [...] will follow shortly."

The flights are in June and operated by AY. The first segment was sold as a BA codeshare. The booking is visible (and "confirmed") on BA, AY and Amadeus. But it hasn't been ticketed. The credit card hold has dropped off and not been replaced by an actual charge.

There doesn't appear to be a Sabre PNR (and there's no reason I can think of why one would exist). The phone number stored for the "booking office" in Amadeus (+49 6102 366304, allegedly for AA in Neu-Isenburg) doesn't work. AA's German reservation people can't help, although the agent I spoke to tried very hard and even phoned BA.

Can anyone here offer any guidance? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:55 pm
IMH
Original Poster

This post on Travel Stack Exchange suggests that someone recently had a similar issue (and even got a reply from a Calchas) -- but no resolution was posted:

https://travel.stackexchange.com/que...rican-airlines
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:01 am
IMH
Original Poster

Just to close this off: I phoned AA web services, AA reservations (again) and BA. No one could help. In the end the operating carrier (AY) agreed to cancel the booking and I started again, this time avoiding any AA involvement.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by IMH
Just to close this off: I phoned AA web services, AA reservations (again) and BA. No one could help. In the end the operating carrier (AY) agreed to cancel the booking and I started again, this time avoiding any AA involvement.
IINM, AA uses various behind-the-scenes compliance checks to inhibit ticketing of paid bookings lacking at least one AA/AA* segment.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:48 pm
IMH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
IINM, AA uses various behind-the-scenes compliance checks to inhibit ticketing of paid bookings lacking at least one AA/AA* segment.
That makes sense. Thanks for adding that here for anyone coming to this thread via a search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.