Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I'm going to start using the FA call button. Why not?!

Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

In the past, I've always considered the FA call button a last resort, primarily for dire situations, safety or health. But in the past, inflight service particularly on long haul flights was far more attentive. Now we have situations where passengers are left to their own devices for hours on end. Even in J and F.

So, the times they are a changing and so will I:

The moment I feel abandoned or poorly serviced, rather than sit there annoyed, the call button is getting pushed. I literally will be pushier to get the service I desire.

Why not!?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just go to the bathroom and ask for something on my way back to my seat...works every time and let's them know I am awake and would like to be checked on.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:47 am
Suspended

Viva la revolucion
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Attached Images  
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I use it all the time and have never understood why so many are afraid to do so.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:06 pm

I was flying DFW-GRU and I was actually told after pushing the Flight Attendant Call Button that it was exclusively for Emergencies ONLY and that otherwise I should wait patiently and that was in F.

So, since then I have avoided it like the plague and only contemplated using when an actual emergency occurred.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by kmersh
I was flying DFW-GRU and I was actually told after pushing the Flight Attendant Call Button that it was exclusively for Emergencies ONLY and that otherwise I should wait patiently and that was in F.

So, since then I have avoided it like the plague and only contemplated using when an actual emergency occurred.
Yes, I have been subjected to the "we are there for your safety and security and that is what the bell is for" spiel. It's hard not to think "lazy gits".
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
And whne you do you use it the flight attendant will come over and say "hello sir what seems to be the problem".

Meh..
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:21 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I think there is a 1 out of 3 chance that you will be warned about not using the call button as it is "interfering with a flight crew" while they are trying to gossip, read or play games in the galley.

If you were to ring it twice in one flight, I feel sure that there is a 2 out of 3 chance you will be threatened with an air marshal, the Chicago airport police, or a male SFO based flight attendant with the latter threat scaring me the most.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by abk
I think there is a 1 out of 3 chance that you will be warned about not using the call button as it is "interfering with a flight crew" while they are trying to gossip, read or play games in the galley.

If you were to ring it twice in one flight, I feel sure that there is a 2 out of 3 chance you will be threatened with an air marshal, the Chicago airport police, or a male SFO based flight attendant with the latter threat scaring me the most.
thats insane. i use it and haven't once had an issue when asking for a second of something.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
thats insane. i use its and haven't once had an issue when asking for a second of something.
sarcasm my friend....

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
thats insane. i use it and haven't once had an issue when asking for a second of something.
A lot of people here like to dwell on persecution fantasies that are actually highly unlikely.
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by kmersh

Yeah, any lazy FA who told me that would get summoned via call button for many things that flight.

Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Yeah, any lazy FA who told me that would get summoned via call button for many things that flight.

Absolutely 100%. If a flight attendant told me that silliness I'll be hittin' that button like it's a dinner bell.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then they just ignore it/you, and turn it off as they pass your seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.