Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by adambadam
I don't get the "new" shuttle buses. They are terrible for purposes of transporting people around an airport. There are steep stairs, no luggage racks and minimal handles to hold on if you are standing up/not very tall. I don't get why they don't use a more rental car shuttle style bus or a standard airport remote gate bus with a low step up and lots of different places to hold on.
Like I posted, they seem to have fixed that this weekend, though it seems half the buses still.. don't have seats or luggage racks.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
For me, making a connection wholly within the Eagles' Nest can't be beat. I recently chose an SMF-LAX-SAT routing over SMF-PHX-SAT entirely based on the fact that I could connect within the Eagles' Nest. Both connection options were very near the MCT for the respective connection airport. Connecting in PHX from mainline to Eagle would've meant a long walk and a possible missed connection depending on when the SMF-PHX flight arrived, whereas at LAX, I simply walked from my arrival gate to the departing gate one gate over.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I've been flying through the remote terminal often over the last year and have never had to wait for the shuttle bus.

I rather like the remote terminal, it's quiet and less hectic than the main terminal, the decent sized lounge is very nice as well.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
So, it seems that those of you with complaints should regularly write into AA Customer Service and let them know. It seems that the vast majority of the problems could be resolved by adding the proper buses (like the rental car shuttle) and adding one more bus frequency. That doesn't seem like it would be an overwhelming cost to AA.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by lbbzman
For me, making a connection wholly within the Eagles' Nest can't be beat. I recently chose an SMF-LAX-SAT routing over SMF-PHX-SAT entirely based on the fact that I could connect within the Eagles' Nest. Both connection options were very near the MCT for the respective connection airport. Connecting in PHX from mainline to Eagle would've meant a long walk and a possible missed connection depending on when the SMF-PHX flight arrived, whereas at LAX, I simply walked from my arrival gate to the departing gate one gate over.

Cheers,
LBBZman
I never thought of it that way but it could be sort of an RJ mini-hub by itself! I wonder what percentage of connections are within the EN.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:06 am
E55
Original Poster

Definitely a well-played use of the Eagle's Nest. Optimal, even.

Originally Posted by lbbzman

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

I find that AT&T cellular service is spotty within the Nest. If they could fix that, it'd be a much more pleasant place to wait and/or do some work.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dll
I'd actually become MORE loyal to AA if they were able to make this happen, as an LAX-based flyer. I've had many trips this year given over to DL and WN on shorthaul Eagle ops, simply to avoid the Eagle's Nest dance. It's annoying. I've not experienced the painful wait times others here reference, but it's true that the experience isn't ideal. They could turn it into a unique LAX experience.
Completely agree - especially now with the poor earning on flights, I am more inclined to fly WN or UA. Or, if I have to connect and fly an RJ, I'd rather do it from LGB via PHX.

Improving the LAX American Eagle experience would earn more of my business.

That said, I do like the less hectic Admiral's Club and nice, private bathrooms. Once, I ran in just to use the bathroom and the AC agent laughed and said that's a pretty common thing for people to do!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OskiBear
That said, I do like the less hectic Admiral's Club and nice, private bathrooms. Once, I ran in just to use the bathroom and the AC agent laughed and said that's a pretty common thing for people to do!
On arrival I would do that at the UA club in T7 instead of the 'football stadium' restroom experience at LAX.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by OskiBear
When I was at an EAAgle’s Nest AC I saw often people coming into AC thinking it is a bathroom, AAngels had to tell public bathroom is right next after going out the door.

I have been going through EAAgle's Nest at LAX back from when EAAgle's Next was located at west of T4, another side of TBIT. So when AC opened at EAAgle's Nest, I was very happy and had not much more complaint about EAAgle's Nest. I understand about bus ride, but I have not felt that bus ride to be that big of a problem. I do not think I waited more than 5 minutes for the bus.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by wakko11
I find that AT&T cellular service is spotty within the Nest. If they could fix that, it'd be a much more pleasant place to wait and/or do some work.
Verizon can be pretty bad as well.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:30 pm

Of note, comments from this morning's earnings call by Stephen Johnson, AA's EVP-Corporate Affairs:

"And then finally, we're in negotiations with LAWA for a long-term lease at LAX that will change the face of our facilities there. Those negotiations are confidential beyond that, so I won't say anymore, but we're hopeful that we can get those completed in the next four or five weeks."
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by commavia
Of note, comments from this morning's earnings call by Stephen Johnson, AA's EVP-Corporate Affairs:

"And then finally, we're in negotiations with LAWA for a long-term lease at LAX that will change the face of our facilities there. Those negotiations are confidential beyond that, so I won't say anymore, but we're hopeful that we can get those completed in the next four or five weeks."
... almost as if AA were trolling this site.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by commavia

UA and AA will be flipping terminals or some other hare brained idea. I mean why wasnt this done as part of the major LAX reorganization?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by flyerCO
UA and AA will be flipping terminals or some other hare brained idea. I mean why wasnt this done as part of the major LAX reorganization?
I'll put my bet on T5 to take on a change to accommodate RJ's once the midfield concourse is through a significant build - wouldn't be surprising if the T4 Intl departures move to TBIT entirely, freeing up more T4 space for mainline, thus freeing up more space for T5 based RJs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.