Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA F Endorsed to AA F, not great experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA F Endorsed to AA F, not great experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:50 am

I don't see where you're all getting this BA J to AA F, stuff.

The op stated he was to fly BA F on the inbound and was moved to AA F.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Djokison
I don't see where you're all getting this BA J to AA F, stuff.

The op stated he was to fly BA F on the inbound and was moved to AA F.
To be fair the OP is a bit confusing. It took a couple of reads to figure out that was talking about the return.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I could have sworn the thread title changed too.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, I could have sworn the thread title changed too.
It changed a couple times but was originally something indistinct like "shenanigans".
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:47 am

I would say that all else being equal the two products are about the same. With plusses and minuses to each much being a personal preference. But a rotten crew can make for a worse experience. I would say you are equally likely to encounter a poor crew on either. The only real difference to me at all to me is I rather like the tea service on British but other than that it us about the same. Do I think you got what you paid for
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:00 am

I read OP as saying that he was booked to fly on a BA 747 in J to LHR and in F back to ORD. So I don't think he got a free upgrade from J to F. But maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by zachary
I read OP as saying that he was booked to fly on a BA 747 in J to LHR and in F back to ORD. So I don't think he got a free upgrade from J to F. But maybe I'm reading it wrong.
I agree I can't tell what they hell he flew. He mentions BA J in the first paragraph. I never read any BA F either.

Perhaps he flew Delta over in coach.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Title definitely changed. In that case, it was a bit of a downgrade and I would've asked for compensation.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hiima
Title definitely changed. In that case, it was a bit of a downgrade and I would've asked for compensation.
Not sue how you can consider BA F to AA F a downgrade. Maybe a few years ago yes. However I commonly hear BA F referred to as the best European J product.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I doubt they'll agree that switching from BA F to AA F is a downgrade. They operate it as a JV and sell the seats interchangeably.

I can't compare BA F to AA F but AA J is better than BA J.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
I agree I can't tell what they hell he flew. He mentions BA J in the first paragraph. I never read any BA F either.
Odd that you missed it, since it was literally in the same sentence:

Originally Posted by MattHall
We had booked Biz going and 1st coming back.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by rjw242
Odd that you missed it, since it was literally in the same sentence:
Right, he said biz out....

That's what I meant. He didn't say BA F out, but business. What am I missing?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not sue how you can consider BA F to AA F a downgrade. Maybe a few years ago yes. However I commonly hear BA F referred to as the best European J product.
This was at minimum, last year. Also it was an AA 777 F old product. So, yes it was a downgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

This was at minimum, last year. Also it was an AA 777 F old product. So, yes it was a downgrade.
The old vs new F product is mainly cosmetic changes. Either old or new AA F seats, the service is not a downgrade from BA F.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by enviroian
Right, he said biz out....

That's what I meant. He didn't say BA F out, but business. What am I missing?
Yes but then the next sentence he refers to the return. The problem is he's edited the OP and even edited the post isn't clear that he's talking about the return and that it was in BA F. Also the title at one point was BA J to AA F to add to confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.