Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA persists in sending booking details to wrong address

Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

Spotted this on Twitter today. Both the fact that it is happening and the fact that American shows no interest in doing anything about are worrying.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Anna typed in the incorrect e-mail address on the reservation details page
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Could be, although if you scroll down his Twitter feed you'll find he was getting another person's reservations back in February. Either way, isn't it's a bit worrying that they're not interested in unlinking his e-mail address upon request?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Either way, isn't it's a bit worrying that they're not interested in unlinking his e-mail address upon request?
No, it's up to 'Anna' to correct the address.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
It's a double edge sword. You don't want it to be too easy to get an email address out of an account because then someone could fake being you and suddenly you don't get any of your emails.

It hasn't happened to me with AA, but I have gotten dozens of incorrect emails. My favorite was a pizza company in the Netherlands. Someone had put my email address for their account and every 1-2 months for 2 years I got a receipt for a pizza delivery. The person calls in the order, says so in the receipt so I have their telephone number and physical address if I ever want to make contact or a long distance call.

If I've tried everything and want it to stop and can't, I go to the account, request a new password sent to the email address of record, which is mine, and change the information myself. I did this for someone with a Walmart retirement account. I didn't want getting their retirement information emailed to me every month.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Why do I find myself not overly outraged by this.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Part of the problem is a feature of gmail that I really like, but causes some issues.

If you open a gmail account of say [email protected] you actually opened an account called alsmith, google doesn't care about the periods, and now you own hundreds of different email addresses. You own every permutation of alsmith with periods in it.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
etc...

This is great because someone can't try to be you and trick someone by creating an account that looks similar. Unfortunately it also means people open up Twitter or Facebook accounts with those other email addresses and Twitter or Facebook don't recognize it as a duplicate of the one you normally use. When that happens I immediately login into those accounts and change the email address. I don't want getting spammed with their feeds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.