Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

10 flights booked on 3 tickets, all same PNR - EQD issue?

Old Apr 12, 17, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold, UA 1K

Somehow or another my company's travel agent booked 10 flights on three separate tickets, but got them all on the same PNR. I've never seen this done before, and while I have no problem with seat selection, meal selection, etc online, the ticket price is showing (online) as much less than the total value of the itinerary.

Have any of you had this happen before, and could there be EQD issues? I'm presuming not, and it's just that aa.com is showing the value of only one ticket rather than the three consolidated; I called and the AAgent spent more time complaining about the multiple tickets on one PNR than answering my question. HUCA is the obvious option, but I thought I'd put it out to you, as well.
Old Apr 12, 17, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I think you'll just have to wait until travel is over, because this is a "one in a million" type of situation. Just make sure you have all 3 ticket receipts.

Actually, it might not be "one in a million." Is the ticketing sequential, i.e., segments 1-4 on ticket 1, 5-6 on 2, and 9-10 on 3? E-tickets are limited to 4 flight coupons each. The "one in a million" is if, i.e., segments 1,2,5,6 are on ticket 1, and 3,4 on 2.
Old Apr 12, 17, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I think you'll just have to wait until travel is over, because this is a "one in a million" type of situation. Just make sure you have all 3 ticket receipts.
Thanks, Eastbay, that was my thought, too. No worries - all receipts are saved!
Old Apr 12, 17, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GLD
I got a ticket recently, and the fare showing online (after purchase) was much lower than I expected. I tweeted at AA to ask how many EQDs I would earn, and they got back to me with the amount (which was the amount I previously expected). So you can always ask them.
Old Apr 12, 17, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord View Post
I got a ticket recently, and the fare showing online (after purchase) was much lower than I expected. I tweeted at AA to ask how many EQDs I would earn, and they got back to me with the amount (which was the amount I previously expected). So you can always ask them.
Good idea, thanks! The Twitter team does seem to come through more often than not.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: