Wiki Posts
Search

jfk-zrh-jfk April 6, April 11 comments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by josmul123
Isn't it FAA (or maybe AA) policy that you can't board a flight without the captain? Isn't he/she supposed to do some checks before clearing the GA to board?

I remember once having a flight where my Captain was delayed, and they made a very big deal about the copilot getting authorization to board without the captain present.
I think it is without minimum number of crew and not without a captain.

If they had a full set of F/A"s and a co-pilot they were above the minimum, so could board the plane.
​​​​
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:07 am

Was LX significantly more expensive? Or did you use an upgrade? Otherwise I cannot understand why you choose AA.

Originally Posted by nrr
On Thurs. 4/6 I flew on AA64(non-stop) jfk-zrh. Predictions for major flooding (due to heavy rain) were posted by NOAA for 4/6--NYC had only drizzle! [But in the vicinity flooding DID occur, causing flight cancellations and delays.] My flight boarded on schedule, but since our captain was delayed elsewhere, everyone had to de-plane. I went back to the B concourse AC(and FL lounge); the lines were 5 deep with pax trying to get assistance with other delays--the FL lounge was at near capacity at 6:15 pm. But an announcement was made that 64 was NOW ready for boarding. Shortly before t/o the new captain noted that he thought he'd be flying to MADRID. [Was JFK-MAD missing a captain?] The water bottles left at each BC seat were removed during the deplaning and never replaced. On all BC flts (until this one) after t/o a separate drink service took place with the appetizer course and again with the main course--not on 64, appetizer and main course were jumbled into one single course. I had pre-ordered salmon, it was very dry (overcooked?) and nearly tasteless--I ate only 1/2. [Even though we landed 1 hour late 64 which is turned around and becomes 65:zrh-jfk, left only 20 minutes late (per board)--but lots of pax missed connections.
AA65 (on 4/11) did not jumble appetizer and main course; but my chicken with tandoor sauce did not look "nice" and the sauce detracted from the taste of the chicken. [Water bottles and glasses were abundant.] There was only one drink service for the entire meal. Is AA cutting corners here?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:41 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Was LX significantly more expensive? Or did you use an upgrade? Otherwise I cannot understand why you choose AA.
I had 2 SWUs left and at the time of booking one leg had "C" class available, and it looked good for the other leg, which opened up 2 weeks later.
I've flown this route a lot, in general I had been pleased with the meals on past flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.