FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Is AA really always this bad? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1835974-aa-really-always-bad.html)

Morph90 Apr 11, 17 10:12 am

Is AA really always this bad?

Hi everyone, very very, very long time lurker here (sporting bag tags too), finally might be able to start contributing a little - pity my first post is a negative one!

Flew AA for the first time this weekend on a BA code share JFK - LHR, J, I was blessed with a cocky and rude purser. I can deal with mediocre crews, but this guy was a piece of work.

I asked about a feature of the seat - that is all.

Tried to lower seat divider - couldn't figure it out

Asked Purser - (While continuing to walk) "Oh that doesn’t work” and continued into the galley.

We asked another crew member several minutes later - as we didn't have an answer, the purser overheard this and said from across the cabin “The answer hasn’t changed”
"You didn't answer the question"
"I had something more important to attend to"
"Is our question not important?"
"A question about a divider is never important, 1000s of people will take your seats if you don't want to fly"
"Is this how you speak to all your customers?"
"Are we going to have a problem here?"
"I just want to know if the divider goes down, is this the way you're going to treat me?"
"Yes, the problem doesn't change if you ask someone else, It will be fixed in 6 months, and not today"
Purser exits stage left

I actually still don’t know if it was broken or wouldn’t lower by design, it looked like it did drop.

Reckon it's worth dropping AA &/or BA a note?

deeruck Apr 11, 17 10:18 am

No, it isn't always like that.

formeraa Apr 11, 17 10:23 am

Did you report this purser to AA? I wouldn't go into the exact details, but I would emphasize that I was asking a question about the function of your seat and that the purser never answered the question, rudely interrupted when you asked another crew member, etc. His supervisor will follow up with the complaint and it will go in his personnel file.

Morph90 Apr 11, 17 10:31 am

Thanks, I haven't yet but will.

Things like this don't tend to bother me, It's not worth getting upset about and wasting life on - but this guy riled me!

869 Apr 11, 17 10:47 am

Absolutely report that exchange. Welcome, OP!

JonNYC Apr 11, 17 10:50 am

Agree with those who say worth reporting, just with very, very, very, very, very, very low expectations of any kind of satisfying answer, realistically.

enviroian Apr 11, 17 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Morph90 (Post 28161937)
Hi everyone, very very, very long time lurker here (sporting bag tags too), finally might be able to start contributing a little - pity my first post is a negative one!

Flew AA for the first time this weekend on a BA code share JFK - LHR, J, I was blessed with a cocky and rude purser. I can deal with mediocre crews, but this guy was a piece of work.

I asked about a feature of the seat - that is all.

Tried to lower seat divider - couldn't figure it out

Asked Purser - (While continuing to walk) "Oh that doesn’t work” and continued into the galley.

We asked another crew member several minutes later - as we didn't have an answer, the purser overheard this and said from across the cabin “The answer hasn’t changed”
"You didn't answer the question"
"I had something more important to attend to"
"Is our question not important?"
"A question about a divider is never important, 1000s of people will take your seats if you don't want to fly"
"Is this how you speak to all your customers?"
"Are we going to have a problem here?"
"I just want to know if the divider goes down, is this the way you're going to treat me?"
"Yes, the problem doesn't change if you ask someone else, It will be fixed in 6 months, and not today"
Purser exits stage left

I actually still don’t know if it was broken or wouldn’t lower by design, it looked like it did drop.

Reckon it's worth dropping AA &/or BA a note?

Was this flight on BA metal? If so what does AA have to do with anything?

JonNYC Apr 11, 17 10:59 am

I'm thinking this flight simply -had- to be on AA metal (presumably with BA flight #)-- for a few reasons :)

Morph90 Apr 11, 17 11:01 am

Sorry if unclear

AA metal on a BA booking

PaulInTheSky Apr 11, 17 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Morph90 (Post 28162039)
Thanks, I haven't yet but will.

Things like this don't tend to bother me, It's not worth getting upset about and wasting life on - but this guy riled me!

Yes, please do us a favor to drop a note to Customer Relations, and make sure you note the attitude of the purser. The sense of entitlement of these FAs continues to amaze me.

Gig103 Apr 11, 17 11:06 am

Wow. I have had uninterested and sometimes surly crew. I have never had downright rude crew like that. I'd report the exchange (with flight number and description of the purser if you can) to AA.

Morph90 Apr 11, 17 11:08 am

I have his name!

I will get in touch with AA today and report back.

LANDJ999 Apr 11, 17 11:10 am

People, airlines don't see passengers as human beings. ( see United)
You are nothing more than a seat filler and $.
And they treat you as such.

arollins Apr 11, 17 11:12 am

Originally Posted by LANDJ999 (Post 28162286)

A better description is self loading cargo.

JonNYC Apr 11, 17 11:26 am

Originally Posted by LANDJ999 (Post 28162286)

That's more of a bumpersticker than anything else. I certainly fly airlines where I -never- get that vibe at all, and, the United thing has taken on a life of its own, but is hardly typical, common or indicative.