Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA app has no refresh option

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

AA app has no refresh option

I updated to the latest version over this past weekend. The new version has no way to refresh the info. My reservation shows last updated many hours ago. I have since been upgraded but cannot select a new seat or get a new boarding pass as I cannot refresh.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:36 am

Did you try just pulling it down? It should update.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Daniel Dubree
I updated to the latest version over this past weekend. The new version has no way to refresh the info. My reservation shows last updated many hours ago. I have since been upgraded but cannot select a new seat or get a new boarding pass as I cannot refresh.
Pull down on the screen until you see the loading circle. it will refresh.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
First world problem but this is highly annoying. On the old app it was much more obvious how to refresh the screen for a new BP etc.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
This threw me off as well. On my Android phone, i have to pull down on the white boxed part rather than the "JFK-LAX" type bit at the top.

Don't like the fact the "select seat" bit covers part of the flight info. Easy to get around it but still needs some cosmetic work.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by no1cub17
First world problem but this is highly annoying. On the old app it was much more obvious how to refresh the screen for a new BP etc.
Also not very intuitive that they "buried" the upgrade list and you now have to swipe up to reveal the mystery/hidden menu which includes the upgrade.

On the plus side this new hidden menu does include the ability to do a SDC (but why in 2017 does it have to take you to a website!).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Guess I am almost as dumb as the app.
One reservation auto updates.
Other one I had open doesn't until I slide it down.... why slide it down instead of update when you choose it from the main screen? HEY AA, get some IT people who travel!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by neo_781

On the plus side this new hidden menu does include the ability to do a SDC (but why in 2017 does it have to take you to a website!).
Lazy developers and lack of priority. The software development process and politics is nauseating.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
First world problems but I miss the AA tailfin.. what is the relevance of a field and river?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Lazy developers and lack of priority. The software development process and politics is nauseating.
What development procsss?

Near as I can tell both of the last two(or so major updates) have focused on making graphical/user experience updates without real changes. Lipstick on a pig.

Maybe they are making improvements to the engine behind the scenes as well but IMHO I think they should focus on adding functionality instead of changing the graphics. This current path they are on only seeks to upset their customers more with lack of real improvements.

But what do I know. Lol. 😀
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:51 pm

Anyone else notice that the view upgrade request button is now a "$". Think they're going to monetize upgrades more like some of their competitors?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Anyone else notice that the view upgrade request button is now a "$". Think they're going to monetize upgrades more like some of their competitors?
yeah that definitely made me do a double take. I wonder if the icon appears for people with no status?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
What development procsss?

Near as I can tell both of the last two(or so major updates) have focused on making graphical/user experience updates without real changes. Lipstick on a pig.

Maybe they are making improvements to the engine behind the scenes as well but IMHO I think they should focus on adding functionality instead of changing the graphics. This current path they are on only seeks to upset their customers more with lack of real improvements.

But what do I know. Lol. 😀
Bingo! AA's is the least functional of the big three's apps. How is it that I can easily book a ticket on DL/UA's app and yet I'm still redirected to a web-browser on AA's? Keep the streaming river picture and please make the app functional. @:-)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Antarius
Pull down on the screen until you see the loading circle. it will refresh.
I remember this stunt from a few versions back (and thought it absurd then). I was really happy when that got "fixed".
So, did they work this "upgrade" from an old version???
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:46 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Closing this, as it has just become a general complaint thread. If you'd like to discuss the new app releases, please refer to the existing threads (one for iPhone app, one for the Android app). /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.